part 19

It's been a week since the ball. Things are almost back to normal. Hugo has.. sort of...adjusted to running both mafias and has organised the funeral for his father, he offered me and Isabella to throw one for our parents but we both declined. They don't deserve a peaceful send off. 

Today is the day of the Funeral and... Hugo seemed different. He was clearly stressed out. He hadn't came out of his office at all yesterday until about midnight when he came to bed but he was up at 6 and went straight to his office.

When I went in at about 9 to ask if he wanted breakfast he just ignored me.. I tried everything but his eyes were glued to the paperwork on his desk.

It's 12 O'clock now and the funeral starts in an hour, the church is half an hour away so I decided to go up to his office once again.

"Mi alma.. the funerals in an hour.. its going to take us half an hour to get there... you want to start getting ready?" I asked while sitting down on his desk infront of him. "Go away Catalina." He grumbled not even looking up at me.

"Hugo... I-..." I was about to argue back but I didn't want him to get mad at me. He's been so patient with me since we met. I can't make him angry. He won't love me if I do. "What? Let me guess you miss me? Or do you need a hug? Oh no maybe its I'm scaring you?" He barked while looking up at me. I stood up and began taking a few steps back.

"Your my wife Cat. You don't need to nag me. It was a fucking buisness deal. That's the reason we're together. I wanted to choose a different family to pick from but my dad insisted it be yours! Now I'm stuck with you! I didn't want you Catalina! Leave me alone!" He snapped as I kept backing away.

With every step back I tool the closer he got to me untill I slid to the floor to try and avoid him. "Now get out! I don't want you here! Leave!" He roared as I covered my head with my hands in an attempt to protect myself.

"Please don't hurt me." I squeaked as I felt tears threaten to fall. He's  been going from 0 to 100 within a matter of seconds the past couple of days. I began struggling to breathe as I felt him standing over me just like my father used to.

"Cat- I'd never hit you." He crouched down infront of me and tried to cup my cheeks but I shrunk down. Too scared to look at him. He was reminding me too much of my father right now.

"Mi amor. Please. I didn't mean it, I love you. Please forgive me. I may not of wanted to choose from your family but I did want you once I saw you." He apologised over and over as tears fell down my cheeks.

Each time he'd try and touch me in any sort of way I'd shy away and escape his touch. "Fuck. What can I do?" He choked. I finnaly looked at him and saw his face was no longer full of anger, it had been replaced with regret and worry.

But at the moment in time that didn't change anything. When I looked at him as he stood over me I saw my father. The man I thought I could trust looking down at me just like the man who would beat me. I couldn't get the image out my head.

*Hugos pov*

I've scared her. I can't believe it. I'm like her dad! I'm just like her dad! She sees me as him right now! "Isabella.." the girl whimpered. She wants Isabella. I stood up and began walking towards Marcus's office praying Isabella would be in there with him.

Too my luck, she was. "Isabella! It's Catalina. I don't know what's happening! I yelled at her and I must have scared her- I'm a monster. I'm a monster! She hates me! She's scared of me! Please help." I pleaded as my heart thumped against her chest.

I watched as Isabella got up and walked towards my office. I followed behind her watching as she sat down next to Isabella.
They just sat there. Whispering to eachother. I walked into Marcus's office and shut the door behind me.

"I fucked up.. so bad... I told her I never wanted her. What's wrong with me. I can't stand at our dad's funeral in an hours time and pretend that I didn't just traumatise her for the rest of the day! Maybe even week!" I slumped down on the sofa and held my head in my hands.

"You haven't traumatised her. She's just been triggered because of her psst trauma Hugo. It's already existing trauma that's been brought up to the surface again." He spoke calmly. Suddenly the door opened again making me look towards it.

"She's fine. She's gone back down to your room to get ready for the funeral which I suggest the both of you do too." Isabella gave us a threatening look making us both get up and walk down the stairs.

I walked into my bedroom and saw Cat sat on the floor. Her eyes were all puffy. She was reapplying her makeup suggesting it has gotten smudged while talking to Isabella.

"Cat... I'm so sorry.. I.. I'm just so..so.. stressed out." I admitted while standing behind the chair she was sat on and looking at her through the mirror.

"Its fine... I shouldn't have kept bugging you.." she mumbled before standing up and walking towards the wardrobe, pulling out two black dresses.

"You've never bugged me.. not once..." I whispered while walking over to her and taking the dresses out of her hand, placing them on the bed before pulling her in by her waist.

*Catalinas pov*

I looked at Hugo in confusion as he pulled our bodies closer together by my waist. I placed my hands on his biceps while furrowing my eyebrows. "What are you doing?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"I need to make sure you know how sorry I am. I never meant to scare you." He apologised once again. I didn't say anything and just kissed him. Yes his words hurt me but I know he's going through a lot at the moment and he clearly regrets them.

"I forgive you.. I promise." I mumbled as I pulled away and rested my head against his chest.
"I love you Cat, never question that." He whispered soothingly while rocking us both side to side.

"I love you more and don't ever question that." I giggled making him smile, "not possible." He replied before slowly letting go of me. "Wear this dress." He picked up one of the dresses.

To be specific, the dress I wore on our first date. "I need something happy today and this dress will remind me of something positive." He smiled before walking off into the wardrobe to get changed himself.

A moment later he came out wearing an all black suit, struggling to do his tie. "Come here." I spoke. I still find it weird that he wears a tie everyday and still can't do it first try.

I began tying it while he just stared at me, "What?" I asked while looking at him. "Nothing. Just admiring." He spoke making me smile as I finnished his tie. "There. Now let's go. People will start arriving soon." I mumbled while slipping on my heels.

I'm trying to be brave. It was his dad that died. He wasn't mine. Yes I did have an amazing bond with him... I need to shut away ny emotions for today and be here for the Delgados.

In some way... I'm jealous. Jealous of people be upsetting by their fathers death. When my parents died.. I didn't feel anything.. just relief I guess... and I've felt so guilty about it since. I feel like I should be upset but I'm not.

We both walked down the stairs and began walking towards the door. One of the butlers opened it for us and we were greeted by the chauffer. "Good day Sir. Good day Ma'am." He spoke formally. I nodded to him as I slid into the car followed by Hugo.

We pulled up to the church after a painfully silent car drive. What I wasn't expecting was how many people stood round there was.

"Why are they all so early?" I asked while unplugging my seatbelt, "these will be the guests workers sweeping the area for any threats." Hugo mumbled while getting out the car and walking towards the church.