part 30

So... it's been a while. Gabriela's 2nd birthday is tomorrow.  Can you believe it? Isabela and Hugo welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world just over a year ago, her name is Ava.

I'm joining school again in February. I'm 22 after all, I need to go back at some point. And before Hugo knocks me up again... if he hasn't already. You never know with him!

I have the option of doing it online but I want to try going back at least. I haven't wanted to since everything that happened. But I think I'm ready. I'm going to start of 3 days a week since Gabriela is still very young.

we have hired a nanny to help out if Hugo is in a meeting or needs to focus but apart from that, he'll be looking after her.

"Can you believe she's turning 2 tomorrow.. our last night just the three of us with a 1-year-old?" I sighed as I sat down on the sofa, carrying Gabriela in my arms.

Naturally, Hugo took her out of my arms and sat her on his lap, I'm pretty sure this is his favourite time of the day. Every night the three of us lay down on the sofa together, our daughter sitting on him and me resting against his chest. It's when he looks happiest.

"I know... I can see her walking down the Isle soon." Hugo laughed, jokingly. I glared at him and slapped his shoulder.

"Never. She's staying here forever. That reminds me, we aren't going to be forcing her into an arranged marriage, are we? Don't get me wrong I'm glad we happened but I would have much rathered we met in different conditions." I began rambling on as Hugo just stared at me with a small smile.

"Mi Amor, I'm going to stop you there. I will do everything I can to make sure she gets to find the person she wants to be with. We'd have to be in a horrible place to make her have an arranged marriage." My husband reassured me as he placed a kiss on my lips, making me smile into it.

"Ew!" Gabriela whined. I keep forgetting she can talk now. I chuckled as I pulled away and looked at her. "Oh that's a shame, guess I'll just have to give you all the kisses!" I squealed, pulling her towards me and covering her in kisses as she giggled.

"Hold on a second! Leave some kisses for me!" The boy sulked making me laugh as I pulled away from a smiling little girl who stuck her tongue out at her dad.

"Yeah that's it, boys are poo!" I encouraged making Hugo roll his eyes.

We were interrupted by someone running into the room, "Sir, there are intruders at the warehouse!" A young, panicked guard announced.

Hugo let out a long groan before standing up but pausing to turn to me, "I'll be back as soon as I can, don't wait up though." He explained as he placed a kiss on my head and then Gabriela's cheek.

I smiled as I stood up too, watching him walk off towards the garage. I kept watching until I couldn't see him anymore, "bye-bye dada!" Gabriela waved as he glanced back while closing the door.

"Right then missy! Bedtime!" I scooped her up and began carrying her up to her room which was my old room. "How about we sleep in mamá and dad's bed tonight!" I grinned as I turned to the right to get to my room.

I opened the door and placed her on the bed and climbed in with her, we must've fallen asleep quite quickly because I don't remember much.

I woke up to footsteps in the hallway, must be Hugo. I looked towards the clock that read 2:49 am. The door swung open and immediately I knew it wasn't my Hugo. It wasn't Hugo at all. Or Marcus.

It was a broad figure, very muscly. I quickly lay back down hoping they would leave but they didn't, they walked towards us. I held tightly to Gabriela who would wake up at any moment.