°nineteen°

"I can't believe you lied to me

"I can't believe you lied to me."

○○○○

"Is that Charlie?" Paul asked, as Ronnie's phone was ringing. 

"He's been calling twice a day," Ronnie sighed, putting it on silent. "Sue told me he's in pretty rough shape."

"What's going to happen?" Emily asked, sitting down on the couch beside Ronnie. 

"Bella told me that they're gonna tell him tomorrow that she died." Ronnie threw her phone down onto a cushion. "It just sucks, you know? Like once everyone knows Bella's 'dead', then they're just going to leave and come back in like 80, 90 years."

"But you can go to her, Ron." Paul sat up on the other couch. "You're not not going to see her."

"I know, it's just Charlie is going to spend the rest of his life thinking one of his daughters is dead, and I'll have to lie to him." Ronnie fought the urge of crying as she thought of Charlie mourning Bella. "This is going to destroy him."

"Hey," Sam called out to her. "Charlie won't be alone. He has you, Sue, Billy. The pack." 

Ronnie's phone rang again, but this time it was Bella. "Hello?"

"V, can you come over?" Bella asked on the other line. "It's about Charlie."

○○○○

Jacob had spent that morning talking to Charlie, about Bella. He had told him that Bella was different. And to make matters worse, he phased into his wolf form in front of Charlie.

"Look, I solved a problem." Jacob shrugged his shoulders, looking around at Edward, Bella and Ronnie. "You were leaving. What did you expect me to do?"

"You really don't  realise the danger you've put Charlie in." Ronnie argued. "The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about Vampires."

"No, I didn't tell him about Bella or the Cullens." Jacob defended. "Just me. I only said Bella was different."

"I really don't see how that's any different." Ronnie ran her hands through her hair. "You're ordered not to tell anyone about phasing into wolves. What else did you blab to him about? Mention that I have powers?"

"No, just that Bella and I have a niece who we adopted." Edward told her. 

"Seriously, Jake?" Ronnie frowned at him. "He's not just gonna let that go."

"Did you consider the physical pain he'll put Bella through?" Edward asked him. "It'll be like sticking a while hot branding iron down her throat. And that's assuming she can control her thirst."

"Look, Charlie's been in hell." At the mention of what her father had been through, Ronnie frowned. "And I know everyone will be happier with him in their lives."