°sixteen°

○○○○

Bella and Edward were due back home tomorrow. Ronnie didn't know what excuse they were going to use for Bella to 'die', but one thing she did know was she wasn't looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Or even today. 

Today was the beach day Emily had organised for the pack, and since she was first asked to go, Ronnie was going back and forth whether to show or not. 

She had planned to go, just to say hi to everyone and leave with Jacob, Seth and Leah as Billy was hosting a dinner with Charlie and Sue that evening. 

Arriving at the beach, Ronnie parked beside Sam's car and got out. Walking down to the sand, she could see a group of them playing football. Sam was there with Emily, Jared was with Kim, with Leah on her own with them. Away at some tree trunks, she noticed Jacob, Quil, Embry and Seth. Paul was alone walking through the shallow water.

"Ron-Ron!" Kim's voice screamed as she ran across, tackling Ronnie to the ground. Lying on top of her, Kim pulled Ronnie into a tight hug. From the water, Paul had turned his attention to the two girls. His heart raced as he felt Ronnie's presence. "It's so good to see you!" 

"You too, Kimmy." Ronnie laughed, standing up. 

"Sorry." Kim smiled at Ronnie while wiping the sand off her clothes. "I'm just really excited. When Jared told me you might be here, I couldn't believe it."

"Yeah, I can't believe I'm here, either." Ronnie shrugged her shoulders. 

"V!" They both turned to see Embry jogging towards them, followed by Seth. "You made it!" He pulled her in for a tight hug. 

"Hey," Kim called her. "Come over to me and Emily before you leave, okay?" She gave Ronnie a quick hug before heading back to Jared. 

"Glad to see you staying out of trouble, Em." Ronnie laughed, messing up his hair. 

"Trouble is his middle name, Ronnie." Seth laughed as Embry pushed him.

Embry wrapped his arm around Ronnie's shoulder as the three of them headed back to the tree trunks. "Hey, Quil!" Ronnie cheerfully said and Quil waved at her. "Hey, Jake." He didn't even aknowledge her. "Geez, what's up with him?" Ronnie whispered to Quil.

"What did those bloodsuckers come up with to tell Charlie?" Jacob finally spoke. "Maybe they'll say she was in a car crash. Or tripped and fell off a cliff."

Ronnie shook her head. Jacob was still hung up over Bella. The noise from the other group distracted her. She looked up to see Paul laughing as he threw the football over to Sam. A small smile crept onto Ronnie's face.

"At least I'll get one thing out of it." Jacob smirked. To kill Edward. 

"No you won't." Sam shouted over at him, while catching the ball. Sam looked at Ronnie and smiled at her. "The Cullen's are not a danger to the town or the tribe."