°eleven°

"I wasn't asking for permission

"I wasn't asking for permission."

○○○○

While the Cullens went hunting, Bella and Ronnie headed over to La Push for another Quileute gathering. Leaving the truck, Jacob had met the two girls the second they stepped on the sand. "You sure this is okay, Jake?" Ronnie asked him as they walked down to the beach. "A sorceress and a vampire lover being party crashers?"

"Technically, you're both council meeting crashers." Jake joked as Ronnie turned her attention down to the beach fire. "See? The council leaders; Dad, Quil's grandpa and Sue Clearwater. She took over after Harry died."

"Okay, we really shouldn't be here." Bella argued as she grabbed her sister's arm.

"You're both fine. Let's be real, V probably already knows all this, and it'll be good for you to hear hear them. It's also the first time Quil, Seth and Leah will be hearing them."

While looking down at everyone around the fire, Ronnie spotted Paul lying across a bench. "I'm gonna head down there now." She turned and waved to Bella and Jacob.

"Ronnie!" She heard Seth shouting as he ran up to her. "It's about time you got here. Paul's been hogging the grub, but I saved you some burgers." Seth handed her the plate full of food.

"Good looking out, Seth." She messed up his hair with her free hand. "Welcome to the pack, Little Wolf."

"Littlest. Bestest. Brightest member of the pack." Seth proudly said as Paul ran up to them.

"And slowest." Paul said as he got Seth into a choke hold.

They all turned their attention to Billy, who was calling them down. Walking down to the fire, Paul held Ronnie's hand. 

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning. But we have always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors, shape shifters, that transformed to the powerful Wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies. And protect our tribe. One day, our warriors came across a creature. It looked like a man. But it was hard like stone. And cold as ice. Our warrior's sharp teeth finally tore it apart. But only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear that the cold man was not alone... And they were right. She took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed. Taha Aki's third wife could see that he would lose. The third wife was no magical being...no special powers, but one...courage. The third wife's sacrifice distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time, our enemies have disappeared. But one remains. The cold ones. Our magic awakens when they're near. And we sense it now. We feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming. And we must all be ready. All of us."

After Billy and Quil's grandpa finished their stories, everyone disappeared into their own groups. Jacob pulled Bella away and Paul grabbed Ronnie's hand, leading her to the water's edge.