°two°

"Gee, thanks, mom"

"Gee, thanks, mom"

○○○○

As she started driving off from the school, Ronnie discovered her present from the Cullens, which Emmett had installed; A new sound radio and sound system.

It didn't take her very long to get to the Reservation. As she drove up Jacob's driveway, she saw that Billy had already left. After honking the horn a couple of tumes, Jacob came running out, followed by Embry and Quil.

Embry raced Jake to the truck first, so he could sit in the front with Ronnoe. Both Quil and Jake laughed as they jumped onto the open back of the truck. "Hey, Jake, Quil!" Ronnie called out to them and watched in the mirror as they both smiled. She turned to Embry, as she began to drive. "I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever. How's life, Em? Staying out of trouble?" Ronnie leaned over and nudged him.

"Oh yeah," He said shyly. "Being so bored since you started senior year." As Embry spoke, he watched Ronnie in the corner of his eye. "Oh yeah, I've got you something." He opened a small paper bag and pulled out a framed photo. "It's from your prom. My mom got it printed."

Ronnie took a look at it and smiled. "I love it, Em!"

"Embry loves Ronnie." Quil shouted as he and Jake laughed loudly.

"Shut up, Quil!" Embry quickly turned in his seat.

"Quil Ateara!" Ronnie jokingly shouted as she looked in the mirror. "Do you want me to drop you back home?" She raised her voice, pretending to be mother-like. Quil raised his hands in defence. The four of them then burst out laughing. "Hey, Jake's been telling me about Sam Uley. Is he giving you guys grief, too?"

"They're like hall monitors on steroids." Embry looked at Ronnie and laughed.

"They haven't really been bothering me." Quil shrugged his shoulders. "More so Jake and Em."

"Yeah, when Sam is around, it's like he's protective of us or something. But Paul, he's taking it way too far." Embry said as Ronnie pulled up to the parking lot of the beach. She stopped beside Harry Clearwater's car. "They're here already. That's Paul's bike."

"Look, if they start on any of you, I'll deal with them." Ronnie states as she gets out of the truck, throwing her hood up.

"Gee, thanks, mom." Embry rolls his eyes, as he wraps his arm around Ronnie's shoulders, making their way down to the beach.

"Hey, gotta look out for my boys!" Ronnie laughed as they reached Billy and Harry. "Mr. Black, Mr. Clearwater, it's good to see you both!" She leaned down and hugged Billy, and then Harry. "Charlie says hi."