°five°

“It’s been a long and very eventful afternoon, Bella

It’s been a long and very eventful afternoon, Bella.”

○○○○

It had been maybe a week and a half since Bella discovered that it wasn’t bears in the woods, it was actually wolves. Huge wolves at that. Every time she’d think about the wolves Bella saw, Ronnie would think about her dream where Paul and the wolf became one. And then because of the dream, she’d think back to her Quileute Book she was given for her birthday, and what Charlie had commented; “People turning into wolves, yeah, like that’s real.”

Ronnie knew that the one person who would have some answers would be Billy. She didn’t know how to feel heading over to the Black residence as she had just left Quil’s and he had mentioned that Jacob had been out ‘sick’ from school for the last couple of days and started ignoring his messages, just like Embry.

Pulling into the Black’s driveway, Ronnie watched as Bella got out of her truck, heading to the door. “Bella, what are you doing here?” Ronnie called out as she jogged up to her sister, who had rang the doorbell. Before Bella could reply, Billy answered the door. “Hey, Billy.”

“Veronica, Bella,” Billy nodded his head, surprised to see the two Swan girls.

“I need to see him.” Bella begged as the reason for her visit dropped.

“He’s not in.” Billy looked between Ronnie and Bella.

“Actually, I came to see you.” Ronnie shrugged her shoulders.

“Look, I’m sorry,” Bella apologised as she pushed past Billy and entered the house. “I just really need to see him.” Rolling her eyes, Ronnie followed Bella until they both reached Jacob’s room.

Bella opened the door and there Jacob was, fast asleep. “Bella, come on, let’s go home.” Ronnie grabbed a hold of her arm.

Before they could turn to leave Jacob’s room, animal noises could be heard coming from the woods, at the bottom of the Black’s yard. While Ronnie squinted her eyes to see who it was, Bella was already half way outside. “Jesus Christ.” Ronnie ran her hand through her hair when she discovered it was Sam and his cult.

“What did you do?” Bella shouted as she stormed towards Sam.

“Bella!” Ronnie, who had caught up with her, grabbed her arm. “Let’s go home.” Bella was just inches away from Sam. She pulled her arm away from Ronnie and slightly pushed Sam.

Ronnie turned her head to see Embry standing a couple of inches away from Sam. “V,” Embry called out to her.

“You, don’t even talk to me.” Ronnie scoffed at him, as she tried to get her sister away from them.

“What did we do?” Paul stepped towards Bella, in the spot Sam had been in.

“Easy.” Sam ordered Paul, trying to calm him down.

“Bella, go home!” Ronnie shouted at her.

“What did he tell you?” Paul seemed to be getting angrier by the second as he stood, just inches away from Bella’s face.

“Nothing! He told me nothing!” Bella threw her arms up as Paul and Jared laughed.

“Both of you, calm down.” Sam looked between Paul and Bella.

“Bella, please let’s go home.” Ronnie rubbed her temple as she wanted nothing more to do with any of these guys.

“Listen to your sister, Bella.” Paul sneered as Bella had turned to Ronnie. “Go home to those leeches.”

Before Bella could take another step, she turned back to Paul. Lifting up her hand, she slapped Paul across the face. Ronnie watched as Sam pushed Paul back behind him. She noticed Paul starting to breathe heavier; like he couldn’t control it.

“Too late now.” Jared laughed as Ronnie grabbed Bella, pulling her sister behind her.

“Veronica, get back!” Sam ordered her as he tried to calm Paul down. “Paul, calm down!”

“Bella, back,” Ronnie’s voice shook as Bella did what she was told.

Paul came running towards Ronnie, and seemed to have fallen to the ground. Instead of Paul standing back up, a huge silver wolf stood in his place. The same wolf from Ronnie’s dream.

For Ronnie, it felt like the world had stopped. She didn’t know what to do. She couldn’t move. All she cared about was making sure Bella was safe. Using any strength she had, mentally, to move, she used it as she took a step backwards. Not seeing where she was going, Ronnie tripped and fell to the ground. As she tried to get up, over her stood Paul, but in wolf form. He looked down at her, growling.

“Bella! Veronica!” Jacob shouted as Paul finally moved away from Ronnie.

“Jake, run!” Bella screamed as Jacob started running towards them. Jacob jumped and transformed into a wolf.

Still on the ground, Ronnie watched in complete shock as Paul and Jacob began fighting. Embry came running over to her, helping her up. “You okay, V?” He asked as Bella joined them.

Speechless, Ronnie just nodded her head.

“Take the girl’s back to Emily’s.” Sam ordered as Jared came running over to them.

“Guess the wolfs out of the bag.” Embry tried to defuse the situation by making a joke.