°three°

"Where the hell have you been, loca?”

○○○○

After leaving the beach, Ronnie arrived back at an empty house. She knew Charlie wasn’t finished his shift until after midnight, but she assumed Bella would be home by now.

She lay on her bed, opening up the Quileute book Charlie had gotten her, while nibbling on the plate of food Paul had given her.

As told much in their folklore, the Quileute descended from wolves…” Ronnie read as her eyes began to feel heavy and her room fell into darkness.

She had awoken in the middle of a meadow full of colourful flowers and trees. Although she knew she was dreaming, everything felt so real. The snap of a twig made Ronnie’s body jolt as she turned to see a silver wolf, like the one on her chain, walking towards her.

“Hey, boy.” She called out to it as it slowly approached her. “It’s okay, I won’t hurt you.” She raised her hand, rubbing the wolf’s soft fur. “You’re so beautiful.” Ronnie whispered as the wolf looked at her with his brown eyes, eyes that Ronnie had sworn she had seen before.

Out of nowhere, the wolf began to growl, but not at Ronnie. His growls got louder as she turned to see someone on the other side of the meadow.

Paul.

“Get away!” Ronnie shouted over at him as the wolf started to run towards Paul, at full speed. “Paul, run!”

Ronnie runs after the wolf, but as he pounces at Paul, the wolf disappears. Ronnie stops, out of sheer shock, and Paul makes his way over to her. As he stands inches away from her, she places her two hands on his naked torso. His extreme body heat radiates off hers as she looks down at his abs, realisation hits her.

“No,” Ronnie quietly spoke. “It can’t be.” She looked up into Paul’s eyes. The same brown eyes the wolf had.

“Ronnie…” Paul finally spoke, but as he went to open his mouth to say something else, two hands wrapped around his neck, snapping it.

Once Paul’s lifeless body hits the ground, Laurent, the vampire that was after Bella with James and Victoria, appeared in front of her.

“Veronica.” He rested his cold hand on her cheek. “You do smell delicious.” She looked down at Paul, dead on the ground, tears filling up in her eyes. “Oh, no, I do hope he wasn’t too important.”

“What do you want?” Ronnie asked, with her voice shaking.

“Seen as Victoria is so adamant to kill your sister, I thought I’d go for you.” He smirked at her. “Now that the Cullen’s are gone, you don’t have any protection.” He leaned in closer to Ronnie’s ear. “I promise it’ll be over quick….”