°twenty three°

"Such a prize

"Such a prize."

○○○○

When it’s time for the Volturi to arrive, Ronnie, the Cullens, and their witnesses all gather in a large snow-covered field. Garrett stood next to Ronnie as the wolves hid, waiting to make their grand entrance.

“If we live through this,” Garrett turned to Ronnie. “I’ll follow you anywhere, woman.”

“Now you tell me.” Ronnie let out a small laugh, rolling her eyes. “You could follow yourself back to Boston unless you want to get chewed up by the wolves.”

The vampires hear Volturi and their army getting closer.

“The Redcoats are coming!” Garrett called out. “The Redcoats are coming!”

Suddenly, Aro and his army become visible, and it’s clear to Ronnie that they outnumber the Cullen’s and their witnesses.

“Aro’s looking for Alice.” Edward says, watching Aro as they walk closer towards them.

As Aro and his army get closer, the wolf pack comes out from the trees, joining the Cullens and witnesses. Jacob goes and stands next to Bella, Renesmee, and Edward as Paul, Embry, and Quil join Ronnie and Garrett. To his surprise, Garrettt moves a little, letting Paul stand closest to Ronnie.

Aro and his army stand in a line, facing the Cullens and their witnesses, with Carlise, their old friend, walking towards them.

“Aro, let us discuss things as we used to.” Carlisle began to speak in a calm manner. “In a civilised manner.”

“Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you’ve assembled against us.” As Aro spoke, he looked around at all the witnesses, his eyes dropping on Ronnie.

“I can promise you, that was never my intent.” Carlisle tried to reassure Aro. “No laws have been broken.”

“We see the child.” Caius’ voice was heard as he stepped forward. “Do not treat us as fools.”

“She is not immortal!” Carlisle shouted. “These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks.”

“Artifice!” Caius shouted as Aro moved closer to the Cullens.

“I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story.” He looked around and focused on Edward. “Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved.”