°ten°

you're the light of his life

....you're the light of his life."

○○○○

Ronnie was pacing back and forth in a room she was brought to by Emmett and Sam. She doesn't remember anything. She looked down at her hands and the red beams were still flowing. There was a book in front of her. She reached her hand out and focused for a few moments. It floated in the air. Out of shock, Ronnie jumped back, making the book fall. 

"Well done," Carlise said as he entered the room.

"I don't know what's happening to me." Ronnie cried out as she raised the book once again.

"I do." Carlise spoke as he sat down on the chair. "You're a sorceseress, Veronica. As much of a fairy tale this sounds like, you have magic powers." Ronnie twisted her hand around and the book snapped in two. "The extent of your powers is unknown, but I'm working on finding them out."

"Thank you." Ronnie looked at him. "I have to ask, did I hurt anyone?"

"You knock two of the wolves out. Jared and Embry? They're okay now." Carlsie cleared his throat. "However, Paul did take the brute of your attack. He has a couple bruised ribs, but with his healing time, he'll be fine." 

When Carlise mentioned she had hurt three of the wolves, Ronnie's heart broke. Carlise left the room, and a few minutes later, Paul entered. As much as Ronnie wanted to run into his arms, she was scared. 

"It'd be best for you to stay away from me." Ronnie warned him. "I'm dangerous."

"Ron." Paul knelt down beside her. "It wasn't your fault." He pulled her closer to him. "Let's get you to Emily's." 

○○○○

Sam was already waiting in Ronnie's truck as Paul opened the door, getting in first with Ronnie sitting at the door. He wrapped his arm around her as Sam started to drive off. During the drive, Ronnie looked out the window. It was late. Charlie was probably getting worried about her.

Pulling up at Emily's, Sam was the first to get out and headed straight inside. Ronnie hesitated. "Is there anyone in there?" She asked as Paul gently took her hand. 

"No, just Emily."

"Hey, V," Emily said as she walked over to Ronnie, giving her a small hug. "I've got the spare room set up for you, and I'll grab you some towels for a bath."

"Thanks, Emily." Ronnie quietly said as she watched her go over to a press and grab some towels. Ronnie took her phone out of her pocket and dialed Charlie's number. "Hey, dad. Sorry I haven't rang you today. But I'm over at Emily's. I'm just gonna stay here and head to school in the morning. I'll be home after school. I love you." Paul looked over at her and gave her a small smile. "Voicemail."