°twenty two°

"We still have today,"

○○○○

Ronnie was in the woods with Sam's pack and to the dismay of Paul, Garrett. Since meeting in Boston, Garrett had created a, mostly one-sided, bond with Ronnie. Not a bond as strong as Edward and Bella, but one that left a bad taste in Paul's mouth. However, he knew that if Garrett ever laid a hand on Ronnie, then he would be torn to shreds by the pack. He also wasn't afraid to let Garrett know that.

For Ronnie, this new 'bond' with Garrett stressed her out. She still couldn't get over the invisible string that tied her to Paul, a werewolf, let alone having another invisible string, this time tying her to Garrett, a vampire.

She stood in front of the pack, with Garrett on one side of her, and Paul on the other. She had used Garrett to her advantage by using him as a 'chew toy', while the wolves trained to fight vampires. Paul got a lot of joy out of catching Garrett.

"So,we all know the plan?" Ronnie asked, looking around at the guys. "Everyone - except Colin and Brady, meet up tomorrow night in the meadow?"

"Hey, wait!" Colin cried out.

"Why are we not allowed to join?" Brady asked. "We're a part of the pack, too."

"Oh, Colin, Brady, my sweet angels." She walked closer to them. "You're both valued and respected members of the pack, but you're also children."

"No, we're not." Brady huffed. "We're 13. I'm just small for my age."

"Listen, if I could, I'd make sure all the pack would stay home." Ronnie shrugged her shoulders. "But they won't listen to me."

"Then we won't listen to you, either." Colin claimed.

"Oh, but you'll listen to Sam, right?" Ronnie raised her eyebrow. "Sam?"

Sam came and stood beside Ronnie, looking at the two young boys. "We've all decided as a pack that the best place for you two is at home."

"I was the only member not to agree to that." Garrett laughed, getting evil eyes from everyone.

"Garrett, I swear to God." Ronnie yelled at him. "I am not afraid to fight a vampire."

"Sorry." He raised his hands in defence.

"Quil and Embry will bring you both home, and Billy will come to your houses to make sure you're still there." Sam told them, resulting in some sighs from the two boys.