37. train wreck

Song of the chapter is
I Can't Carry This Anymore
by Anson Seabra

-36-
-Himanshu Arora-
-Present-

-36--Himanshu Arora--Present-

___________

Arora Residence
26 November, 2030
1:14 pm

The loud thunders of the winter rain were unable to break the excruciating silence that was prevailing in my house since the other day.

Even the drop of a needle could be heard in that quietness.

I stared as the rain pattered softly against the windowsill of my room. My mind had been a mess for as long as I could remember.

At times like these, I wish I had my anchor by my side.

But that dream was far gone.

Right?

I heard as the door to my room opened slightly with a sound and footsteps echoed behind me. I really hoped it wasn't Dhrashti.

"Are you not even gonna talk to me?"

My mother's voice echoed from behind. I turned and found her sitting at the edge of my bed. Her eyes looked pained.

"The flight's in two hours. Is dad ready?" I asked.

Given the current circumstances, I had decided it best to send my parents to someplace safe for the time being. My masi (maternal aunt) had thankfully volunteered to host both my parents for a few days until I had this whole thing figured out. My parents had put up a protest, but being old, they had finally succumbed to their dearest only son's requests.

"We can leave in a few minutes." She answered. "But first, I need to talk to you."

"What about?"

"Something happened between you and Dhrashti, didn't it?" She asked. I hung my head low as I leaned against the windowsill.

"What do you mean?"

"She has been distraught since the past two days. I was out with your father so I didn't hear you come in at night, but I know that you came in late." She said.

"Yeah, I told you. Saina got into an accident and I went to visit. That's what took my time." I deadpanned.

"Yes, but....before that....did something happen?" She asked.