#bonus chapter : a valentine's tale

Song of the chapter is
Love Song by Lana Del Rey

-00-
-Himanshu Arora-
-Present-

•••

“I am yours,
the way the sea belongs to the moon,
the way the moon belongs to the sky,
and even if the jealous stars
break and shatter upon the milky way,
I will still see heaven
in your eyes.”

Her saccharine smile flashes across my peripheral vision and my gaze flickers.

"Is it any good?"

She conceals the space between us with a kiss on my cheeks. Smiling, she looks at me, "Are you seriously asking me that?"

"What? I want your honest opinion." I say with determination. "You're my biggest critic after all."

She shakes her head at me like a child. "It's wonderful, Moose. Truly."

Lying in the haze of that slow morning takes us back to the breezy one we had experienced that one december night six years back. Back then, I had been too shy to say anything, afraid I'd babble about what that night had meant to me.

The minute she had left the bed, my eyes had flurttered open. Her presence, the crysallis of her touch were my drug. And what does an addict do when not provided his high?

They lose their mind.

She snuggles close to me underneath the blue duvet my mother had gifted us. February had brought in the rains, the thunders and all things sweet. I rests my head atop hers, breathing her in.

"So are you going to give it to your editor?" She asks, playing with a thread that had come undone.

"Well, the poem's only a part of what I have to get done by the end of this week. I don't know when I'm gonna finish the rest of the chapter." I sigh, caressing my forehead.

She tilts her head at me. "You need any help?"

I pause, drinking her face before saying, "Actually, yes. I do."

"Name it."

The callouses of my fingers graze against her cheekbones. "I want you to not go to work today."

A twinkle in her eyes. "What?"

"I want you to spend the day with me."

A slow smile plays on her lips. "Moose..."

"Ronnie..."

"Moose," she presses her lips onto a thin line. "You know I can't. There's a lot of orders and ugh, I have to train the new employees..."

"Ronnie," I pout. "Please."

"Oh don't make that face." She frowns genuinely. "You know I can't resist it."

"That's why I do it." I say cockily. "And it works every damn time."

She sighs heavily and sits up. "Well, not this time. Moose, I really have to go to work today."