60. sweet nothing

Song of the chapter is
Sweet Nothing by Taylor Swift

-61-
-Himanshu Arora-
-Present-

-61--Himanshu Arora--Present-

___________

Arora Residence
17 December, 2030
8:45 pm

As I finished setting the table, I looked over at my now wife (can't believe I'm saying this), who was busy tying her raven hair into a messy bun.

Even in the faint glow of the refrigerator light, she still looked as ethereal as ever.

I wondered how could I have been so lucky to ever be graced by her presence in life.

She closed the refrigerator door and walked over to the dining table, with two chilled cans of beer and placed them on the table. As she did, I luckily got hold of her hand.

She looked at me with a surprised smile.

"What?"

"Nothing." I said as I pulled her close. "I'm just admiring."

"Uh-huh?" She mumbled, a slow yet enticing smile rising up her cheeks. "And what exactly are you admiring?"

"My wife, ofcourse."

God it felt right. This moment, her and I. It all finally felt right.

She chuckled softly as she pulled away. "You're such a dork."

I pulled her closer this time. Her body landed against my chest, her hands on my arms, our faces inches away from each other.

A slow crimson blush spread across her cheeks as her eyes looked into mine, slightly bewildered.

"Maybe I am."

She lowered her eyes shyly as a smile tugged on her lips. When she looked back at me, her eyes had a more stern look.

"The food's getting cold, Moose." She said, a soft sterness evident in her voice. "I think the romancing can wait for a bit."

"What if I don't let you go?" I asked, engulfing her tighter between my arms.

"Well," She drawled, locking eyes with me. "I guess I'll have to cheat my way out then."

I raised a brow before she started tickling me. Instinctively, I moved back, laughing. So did she.