65. choose your fate

Song of the chapter is
Only In My Dreams by The Marías

-65-
-Saina Bahl-
-Present-

-65--Saina Bahl--Present-

____________

St. Maud Theatre
22 December, 2030
1:45 pm

As we got to the shrine area, my gaze stopped on one of the glass cases in the very middle.

Alishka's shrine had been emptied and now was replaced with a closed safe box.

I breathed heavily as I walked towards it, my heart hammering against my chest. It all felt utterly nostalgic.

As I reached out to touch the case, a voice echoed behind me, "Don't touch it."

I turned around and found Officer Ravi and the others behind me. I had lost account of them when I had run upstairs from the basement.

"We don't know what it is yet, it could be something lethal." He advised and I nodded, stepping away from the case.

"What do you think is going on?" Zayn asked Officer Ravi. He looked at me dubiously before answering.

" I have no clue myself." He responded. "Let's wait for the others. They'll be able to fill us in."

"I don't fucking trust them." Zayn retorted.

"And do you think we trust you?" I questioned, baffled at his audacity. "We still don't know if you're involved in all this."

"For the last time, yes, I made a mistake. But I am not a killer, alright?!" He yelled.

"Yelling at me isn't gonna change anything." I said sternly.

"Stop it, will you?!" Dhrashti yelled out in annoyance. "If you're done pointing fingers at each others, can we please just focus on what the fuck is going on here?"

"You're the one to talk?" I asked, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "Like you weren't the first person to raise your finger at Veronica."

"Because your friend is weird, alright?" She argued. "She has a fucked up past and she was in a fucking nut house for god's sake! She seems like the best option for a person who would turn crazy and kill people!"

"Shut up, you don't know her!" I retorted. "You're just pissed that Himanshu didn't fucking chose you. Well guess what, Dhrashti? It is what it is, alright?"

She looked away, glaring and huffing.

I sighed. "Look, I know....that it feels like shit to not....be chosen by someone you love. Trust me, I know that feeling...better than anyone."

She cocked her head at me, still glaring.

"But it is what it is. Sometimes we're not the right choice for someone, even though they are for us." I said. "Hating on the other person isn't gonna change shit."