Chapter One

Zemela's pov :-)

Skyler and I walked down the hallway...we went to her locker first before mine...Skyler is a transfer student and me a scholarship student, so we're both new. It's been three months since we started schooling here.

Her family moved to the States from Zambia and my father forced my to apply for scholarship at "Bamford high".

"Hey" a familiar male voice said from behind...

"Mela" Skyler called tapping me...I knew who it was, I dreaded this moment...

I turned to see Theo...Theo Argyros one of the good looking boys in this rich kids school- all of them are good looking to be honest...he has asked me to two dates so far and I turned him down each time, not that he isn't my type- I even feel way outta his league...nor am I trying to play hard to get, though I'll love to be the only untouched new-bee in senior year....

The truth of the matter is that I have a strict ass 'Nigerian' Father, who hates me hanging out with friends talk more of guy friends or a boyfriend. Not that I obey him or anything, I still talk to boys(I even have a boy best friend) but I don't date....my father would just crucify me...left to him I'd be in a girls' only school...if that should happen, I'll literally die, I can reason going to some rich private school but, I can't even reason going to girls' only....

I wonder why my dad hasn't changed...TEN years in the states is something, right? But no! the nigga is still like before, insulting me in Yoruba, which I very much appreciate, threatening to send me back to Nigeria, which I'll love....

I couldn't tell Theo my reason so I just turn him down and act uninterested, pretty much what I do to other guys...

I don't even get to go for parties.That's how bad my life is... even if I tried sneaking out, my little nosy siblings would surely notice and tell my dad... Snitches!!

When my mom was alive she'll say there's time for everything, now my dad uses her words to 'advice' me(advicing me in my own generation- funny!)... though I agree cause they'll be a time I'll tell him I'm not interested in becoming a doctor like he wants me to.....

"I tried calling you" Theo said nervously, yeah you did, but guess what? I don't have a phone....I liked the fact that I made him nervous and he shows it, he makes me nervous too but, I don't show it...I build up stupid scenarios in my head, imagining how his cute small lips would feel and taste, arghhhh! too much romance novels can mess with a persons head... I'm not a chick flick fan though and I pray my life doesn't become one.

"Uhmmm..yeah bout that" I said bitting the inside of my cheek..I only do that when I don't know what to say...I gave him a fake number...I had no other choice, I couldn't just say "ohh Theo I have no phone cause my dad can't afford to get me one"....I don't actually know if my dad can't afford a simple phone or he just doesn't want me to have a phone till I'm done with high school...no matter the reason I can't tell Theo.

Even with my degree in lying I can't think of a lie right now. Don't get me wrong, growing up with the type of father I have you'll surely have a degree at lying.

I looked at Skyler for rescue, she's always saving me and she's one of the two people that know I don't have a phone... second person's Sadiki.

"The principal" Skyler said with wide eyes...I  mentally palmed my face..
"Mr Jase said you should see him before first period today" she said between her teeths....I faked a sorry smile at Theo as Skyler dragged me away.

"Pheww! Thanks girl" I sighed once we were out of sight

"You need to start paying me" she said, we both laughed as she mentally tried to count the number of boys she has saved me from in just three months.