Chapter Fifty-seven

Two months old.

Zemela's POV:-)

School was a nightmare, every body knew I was pregnant and they refused to forget about it. Teachers spoke to me, encouraging and advising me. The counselor booked appointments with me every lunch time.

And at the ending, the scholarship board of Bamford refused to keep sponsoring me, they said, by they I mean Fauna's mom and Bryson's mom-they're in the committee and for some reason they were allowed to handle my case, because they're women and mothers. Mother's my foot, they didn't even act like they were mother's, they insulted me, called me names. I wasn't entirely surprised because the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Since the board refuses to keep sponsoring me, I decided to drop out, the whole pointing fingers and calling me names was too painful to bear.

I feared my dad would come again. Again because he came once, he didn't see me though, I saw him first. I knew it had to be Fauna or Skyler that informed him I was in school, from then I moved around with caution.

Nolan, Vaughn, Sadiki, Holden and Arlo all offered to tell their parents about me but, I refused. I wasn't going to take favors from anyone, the only favor I accepted was that of Sadiki's. He knew the owner of Lincoln press, so he offered to help me get a job there.

"Coming!" I stood up from the couch where I had been since Genesis.
"Hey" Sadiki smiled hugging me.
"Hey, how was school?" I asked him

He made it a routine to come over and stay with me till Ruby comes back, Nolan comes only on the days Pamela comes, Vaughn, Arlo and Holden come imma after school.

"Urghh! Tough" he groaned, "I bought some veggies so I'm making salad for you"
"Awwn, ain't you so nice?"
"I know" he smiled proudly.

I was two months gone, the symptoms had really started kicking in. I still refused to go to the hospital because I was scared, Aunt Mercy works in the hospital, people in hospitals judge and most importantly, going to the hospital would make everything extraordinarily real. So no thank you.

"I have good news!" He smiled placing my plate of salad before me, pregnancy made me to crave only salad and beans nothing more.
"I got the job?" I asked him excited.
"Yup! You got the job!" He nodded.

"Yay!" I did a little dance.
"You're an editor now!" He said, Lincoln Press is a small publishing firm in town, he knows the owner.

"Thank you so much" I thanked him, "you have no idea what this means to me"
"Of course i know what it means to you and I am very happy to help" he said.

By the time Ruby came back I was fast asleep.

~
"Good morning" I greeted the woman at the front desk.
She smiled at me, "good morning, you must be Zemela?"
I nodded, "yes"

"Mr Lincoln is not around today, so I would be the one to give you instructions" she said.
"Just give me a moment" she added with a polite smile, I looked around with a smile on my face. The pay wasn't much considering the circumstances but, I was still grateful and happy and enthusiastic.

I subconsciously rubbed my belly, a habit I picked up since I decided to keep the baby, "everything is going to be fine. God is with us" I whispered to my bumpless belly.

"Okay, Zemela come with me" she said walking towards a door.
Sadiki told me he didn't give my last name just Incase my father decided to track me down and Mr Lincoln was okay with it, he didn't ask questions.

She lead to an office, "Mr Lincoln asked that I test your skills first before assigning you to a task though Mr Amin gave a good recommendation"
"Okay" I said.