Chapter Twenty One

A/N: Y'all should wish Teda_Maria Happy birthday, she's one of my biggest hype men.
Happy birthday love 😘, thank you for your support. Welcome to club 17 🥂
Drop a vote for her(hehe:-))

Zemela's POV:-)

I woke up with a resounding headache from last night's tears.
Flashes of what happened at Skyler's house made my body hairs stand.

I scrubbed my body extra hard trying to rid off the feel of Reggie Abdon's hands on me.
Breaking down is not an option especially when my disobedience was the reason I found myself in that situation.

My mind wondered off to Skyler, if she was okay? Did Reggie also attack her? Did Bryson Griffin save her?

Bryson Griffin.
I knew I went over the board with my overthinking, I just___
I wiped the tears that ran down my cheeks as I prepared breakfast.

"Are you okay?" It was Pamela, I feared having any conversation with anybody. My family members are NOT to be trusted.
I nodded swallowing the lump in my throat.

Pamela walked over to my side, I was ready to insult the living day light out of her when she placed a hand on my shoulder and whispered, "you are lying, something is wrong"

I looked at her, for the first time since I've known her I saw concern in her eyes.
Was I too obvious?

I shook my head, she has done nothing but snitched on me her whole life.
She took the kitchen spatula from me, her voice was low so our father wouldn't hear.
"I've known you since forever and I'm sure your mood has nothing to do with dad" her eyes searched mine behind my thick lens.
My tears flowed freely, my eleven year old sister was acting like my mother, my sister who never for once appreciated the things I did for her was the one showing so much concern.

"Daddy is coming" she whispered.
I washed my face in the sink putting on a happy façade.

Pamela made me promise to tell her everything once I was okay.

I felt suffocated at school.
Skyler walked pass me like we weren't best friends.

"What's wrong with Skyler?" Sadiki asked me as we walked to class, I tried all my possible to avoid him but he was still by my side.
I shrugged, because to be honest I don't know. Sadiki sighed, "what happened between you too?" He asked.
I shook my head.
I haven't said a word to him since we met that morning.

"Are you okay?" He asked, I nodded walking pass him into the class.
I sat two seats behind Arlo, he threw me a questioning look which I completely ignored.

"Let me go" I shouted.
"Beautiful" he muttered squeezing my breast in his palm. I yelped as his fingers dug into my soft skin, his lips found my other breast, he sucked and chewed on my nipple as I struggled.

"Let me go you coward" I shouted making him chuckle against my skin.

I winced when someone –David– touched me bringing me back to reality.
Mr Finely, my calculus teacher was giving me a disappointed look.
I cleared my throat standing up, "s... sorry I didn't get...the question"
The whole class laughed.

"Zemela Olufola" he called again.

Oh! The attendance was being marked.
"Present" I said lowering myself on my seat.
"Is anything the problem?" He asked me, I shook my head.

Through out classes my mind was far from my environment.

Lunch time came, I hurried to the toilet first in order to avoid Sadiki and Arlo's questions.

"Zemela" Ruby stood beside me, I was staring at my reflection in the mirror, from close inspection my face was a mess.
"Hey" my voice was low.

"Daddy issues or best friend issues?" She asked her tone matching mine.
I chuckled, I always had daddy issues, "best friend" I feared that Skyler would not talk to me since she ignored my existence this morning and I felt stupid for all the things I said to Bryson Griffin.

I didn't even have the courage to return his shirt or ask for my book bag.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Her eyes searched my face.
I shook my head, I want whatever happened to stay between the four of us –Reggie Abdon, Skyler, Griffin and I.

"C'mon let's go grab lunch" she dragged me.

For the first time in a long time, I didn't feel like eating.

Once we were in the cafeteria, I searched for Skyler, she was sitting with Ava, Samantha and Dontella, Sadiki and Arlo were not in sight.

I turned to Ruby who nodded in approval.

I walked towards Skyler's table –i wondered why she wasn't in the outdoor cafeteria– as I closed up the space between us I got death glares from Ava and Samantha –they never liked me– the laughs coming from the table stopped, they fell into an awkward silence.

I felt like an intruder around my own best friend.
As I sat beside Skyler the four of them stood and moved to another table, I stared at Skyler's back, she didn't even spare me a glance.

"It's all your fault!" Ava snapped at me.
"God Ava shut up!" Skyler defended harshly.

The fact that she defended me gave me a bright ray of hope.

Ruby settled beside me occupying  Skyler's seat, "you two had a serious fight" she said looking over at Skyler's new table.

"You left immediately the fight started" she said slowly as if she was calculating her words.
"Do you know the reason for the fight?" Does she seriously expect me to know, and I thought I was the queen of asking dumb questions.

"Why did you kiss Reggie?" God! Not again!

"I do_"
"Can we sit?" Sadiki's voice came cutting me shut, Ruby nodded while I looked away, I wasn't ready for any talk or questions.

"What wrong?" Sadiki asked his voice low.
"Did you also fight with Skyler?" Arlo asked me.

I nodded blinking away the tears in my eyes.
Arlo and Sadiki shared a look.

"What hap_"
I shook my head, "I don't want to talk about it" I said.

My eyes stung as the tears threatened to pour out.
"I'll see you guys later" with that I ran out of the cafeteria, on my way to the library I bumped into Nolan.

"Sorry, I'm sorry" I muttered before disappearing into the library.

I stayed in the library till the closing bell went off.

Work was a blur, I was on autopilot, I avoided Ruby at the bus station.

Pamela didn't bug me either when I got home, she even offered to make dinner while I looked myself up in my room, when my dad came back I pretended to be that happy girl once in my room again I broke down.

                                             +

What's up guys 😊?

Don't forget to vote 🐽 Comment 🐽 & share 🐽

See y'all 😊