Chapter Thirty-four

Bryson's POV;-)

I walked home with my thoughts, after Zemela's bus left. I don't know what I feel for her and I didn't want to dwell on the thoughts.

Friends don't kiss and go down on each other, a voice inside said.

I tried to push her thoughts away when Nolan's call came through, "how did it go?" He asked me.

"Well" I said dryly.
"You're lying" he said.

"Oh am I? Mr lie detector?" I shot sounding like a thirteen year old girl.

"What did Zemela do to you?" He faked worry.
"Something you can't do" I rolled my eyes.

"Of course I can't. I'm not gay"
I rolled my eyes again, "you're my Halloween date"

"Ewww! I'm not g_"
"She's not coming" I cut him shut, "and I need company, as always"
He gasped, "did you fu_"

"Shut up man! Her family doesn't celebrate Halloween, that's why dumb ass"
"Who doesn't celebrate Halloween?" He asked
I shrugged, "a lots of people plus her family" I said.
"Sad" I could visualize his facial expression.

We planned to go Halloween costume shopping the next day.

I didn't want our call to end but, if it didn't he would have made me talk about what happened between Zemela and I, and what I feel for her.

I worked out to distract myself, I was drained as hell afterwards so I  jumped on my bed immediately I got to my room.

~
I slept with an empty mind and woke up with an occupied mind.

A knock on my door dragged me out of my post–sleep trance. I ignored it hoping the worker would get the message and leave me be.

The next thing I heard were footsteps, light footsteps, "get the fuck out of my room!" I groaned burning my head in my pillow.

The footsteps approached, "I know you fucking heard me the first time, get the fuck out!"

"Good morning grumpy" Fauna chuckled, her voice was the last voice I wished to hear in the morning after I woke up. I didn't even want to talk about my dream or my night.

"Get out!"

"I would if you'll get up, take a shower and follow me" she said, "your mom said to take you costume shopping" she added tracing her hand up my shirtless back.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I cursed, I moved away before sitting up to look at her.
"Why a_"
"Shut up and get the fuck out!" She said or did nothing, her brown eyes roamed my body. The reason I liked her when we were younger, much much younger–note the use of my much much.

We were, six?seven? I liked her because she was bold, confident and smart. I find it very funny and amusing that I once craved her attention, then I was nothing more than a best friend to her, though we were each others first kiss. She liked me and Reggie as friends nothing more, it's also funny how she now likes me so bad and I'm indifferent, what goes around comes around they say. I'm really happy for growth and maturity because, I have an endless list of things I don't like about her and I'm grateful she didn't like me then or else I'd be trapped now.

Nolan walked in, "morning"
"Nolan" she rushed to his side, "Bryson is acting up again" she sniffed, drama queen, "I've apologized severally too"

Nolan looked at me then back at her, "he's not in the mood now" he told her the obvious.

"And that's because of me, right?" She paused, "he has been ignoring me, he acts like we're not best friend, Linda_"

"I know your smart but, I don't just know how dumb you can also be. I don't give a fuck what my mother says, you and her can go to hell. You hear me? I don't give two forks" I yelled.