Chapter 9

I wake up to my alarm going off, "Girl, turn it off." I hear Angelica say.

"We have work, you have to get up." I laugh and get started on getting my outfit together. I don't feel as sick today, so I decide to go into work, since I have a double shift again today. While doing my hair, I hear movement coming from my room.

"I am borrowing some of your clothes, I don't want to go home." Angelica says.

"No worries, do you think that hot guy will be at the coffee shop today?" I ask and blush.

I hear her giggle, "Yes, are you going to take his order this time?" She asks. I nod my head right as she comes in to my bathroom to start getting ready. We continue getting ready in silence.

After getting ready, we start heading towards work. The walk feels small and quick.I want to stay out and enjoy the warm weather. Good thing I have a day off this Friday, I am going to go and explore a little of the small town.

We start doing our morning restocks and setting up the chairs and wiping everything down. Once everything is done, I get the store open. I don't see the hot guy yet. But I wonder if I will and actually be able to talk to him or if he will want to talk to me.

After a few hours, I don't think that he will be coming in. But before I can feel the disappointment hit, I look up to see him walking into the coffee shop.

"Hi, what can I get for you today?" I ask as confidently as I can. In the months that I have been here, i've started to feel more comfortable and more happy.

"Can I get a large black coffee." I nod my head and give him the total, he hands me a $20, "Keep the change." He gives me a small smile and his phone rings. He excuses himself to take the call at a table. Since Angelica is in the back taking a quick call, I turn around and make the coffee and go take it to him.

I kind of want him to ask me for my number, but the fear of my father finding me and taking me away from here makes me extra nervous.

"Thank you..." He looks up at me.

"Oh, um Bianca, my name is Bianca." I smile and blush.

"Thank you, Bianca." He smiles at me. Then stands up and heads out the door. I wave a goodbye right as he answers another call. I turn around and work for the rest of my shift with my head clouded with thoughts of the man I still don't know the name of.

The day moves faster than I was ready for, I am really looking forward to my shift at the flower shop. I love that place. My mind is buzzing with worry, I have a bad feeling that I can't shake. But I know that it isn't anything. My father hasn't found me, and I haven't seen anyone I know here.

I wave my to Angelica and Mary and head out to my second job. I pass a book store that I remind myself to go to tomorrow, since it's the weekend and I don't work until Sunday. I smile at the thought of spending the day there.

Walking into the coffee shop, I see that Mr. Wilson working at the front, "Hello Bianca, do you mind working the rest of the shift on your own? It's our anniversary and I want to get off early to spend the night with Mrs. Wilson." I nod my head.

"Of course! Happy anniversary! How long have you guys been married?" I ask.

"40 years, we have been together a long time, and I hope you find the same love as us." He says with a kind smile, I nod my head in agreement, even though that seems like a dream rather than something that will actually happen to me. He waves goodbye and heads out the back. I decide to water all the plans and put the rest of the flowers up since I still have 8 hours to go. I smile as the country music plays. I have learned that I like country music, I like all kids of food and I am happy.

My shift feels quick, I am done before I know it and decide to walk home. I decide to stop at the park since it's warm. I sit at a bench and snack on my peanut butter and jelly sandwich and watch the sunset. I listen to music as well, now that I have the freedom. I decide to buy a car I don't want to spend too much, I think it is time that I got something.

As I am walking home I run into something hard, "I am so so sorry!" I look up and gasp. It's the same guy from the coffee shop.

"We keep meeting like this Bianca." He says and smiles at me, I blush a deep red.

"I am so sorry, I need to pay more attention...." I look up at him. My 5' frame doesn't match with what looks like 6'.

"Bryson, My name is Bryson." He says and sticks his hand out. I put my small hand into his larger one.

"Nice to meet you Bryson, well I have to get going." I say and turn around to keep walking.

"Wait, can I walk with you." He asks, I bite my lip and slowly nod, I know I shouldn't let anyone know where I live but there is something about him that makes me trust him. He smiles and walks closer to me.

"So, tell me about you a little bit." He asks, looking down at me.

"Well, you already know my name, what would you want to know?" I ask back at him. I don't want to tell him too much, I don't want to scare him off before he actually knows me. What if he thinks I'm crazy or something.

"Why don't we start with something simple, favorite color?" He asks.

"Easy, teal, or light blue, honestly anything that is bright-colored, or pastel." I nod my head, "what about you?" I look up at him, then back towards where I am walking.

"I like red and blue, but the darker blue." He says. I nod my head in understanding.

"What is your favorite food?" I ask him, almost tripping over the sidewalk, his hand grabs my arm in a gentle way. I flinch a little and blush. "Thank you." I say and smile, hoping he didn't see the flinch. I am not used to getting touched without being beat.

"I like anything, honestly, what about you?" He asks.

"I like anything but tofu and brussels sprouts." I say.

We continue asking questions, and before I know it I am already home. I smile up at him, "Well, this is my stop." I look up at him, "Are you going to walk all the way back by yourself?" I bite my lip, feeling bad that he walked me all the way home and now has to walk back.

"No, my driver is almost here." Right as he says that, I see a black audi pulls up with tinted windows. I nod head. "Can I get your number?" He asks.

"Umm, sure." He hands me his phone, I type it in, and wave before heading inside. I smile as I head to the bathroom to get ready for bed. The smile doesn't leave my face the whole time I am getting into bed.

...........................................................................

Another chapter is up guys! I am so grateful that I have had time to do this and focus on family as well. See you guys in the next chapter! :)