Chapter 25

I don't feel anything anymore. Is this how it feels to give up and just except that this is the way that I go? I won't ever get to tell Bryson that I like him, I don't get to tell Angelica that she is my best friend, my sister that I never had. I don't get to see what my future will be like. But at least I won't live in fear anymore. There won't be any more running. There will only be peace.

I wish I knew if I would get to see my mom, I hope that she doesn't have to know how I died. I don't want for her to be so worried about me. I hope that she is proud of me for fighting. For not giving up the first time. I didn't have much choice in this fight. There wasn't anywhere for me to go. I needed to think about my friends that I have made, about Bryson. I hope he moves on and finds someone else.

"Honey, you need to keep fighting, don't give up. Not yet, you aren't ready." The voice, I recognized it. I shake my head no, I don't want to keep going, I can't do it anymore. I have been fighting for so long, scared for so long. I want to take a break, I want to be happy, I want to laugh and smile again. I can feel my body again and voice.

My body goes ridged at the thought that I didn't die, I'm back and I will have to run again. I can't do this, not again. What am I supposed to do, where do I go from here? My tears fall silently. My mind feels like it's breaking. I just want to go, why can't I go? I stay as still as silent and try not to focus on the pain.

I take a small breath in so they can't tell that I haven't died, that they don't turn around and try do something else. So that my father's sick friend doesn't touch me or get to me. I decided to listen to what they are saying. I need to know what's going on.

"You promised that I could have her!" Phil said. "I don't want a dead thing, I helped only because you said that she was mine." I slight shiver passes over me. But I don't dare move, I know better than to move or to make any noise.

"She's my trash, I intent on making sure that no one knows what happened to her. That's why we are here and if you aren't happy with my decision then that's fine." I hear a click and then a gun shot go out. I shut my eyes and don't dare to move. I don't hear Phil, that means he's gone. At least there is one less person I don't have to worry about.

I know I can't stay here forever; I need to get out of here. I hear footsteps upstairs and hope that it isn't one of my father's friends. I hope that Angelica found my box and found me. I pray to whoever is listening to save me one last time. Help me get out of this shitshow. I don't even know what I did to deserve this shit.

The next I know there is a big bang on the door and a bunch of cops run in. I don't know what happened next. All I hear is a bunch of yelling. My body starts to shit down, I can feel myself getting picked up and something is wrapped around me.

I hear someone saying something to me, but I can't tell what it is, all I know is that I feel safe. Like I am back in Bryson's bed, and we are spending time together cuddling. We all know that there is more to it, now is not the time for this. I pass out in the arms of my hero.