Chapter 17

I woke up to the light blinding me, my arm across Bryson's bare chest, and we were missing a few pieces of clothing. I blush at what happened last night, damn I can't believe that I did that. I try to get out of bed so that I can get ready for work, but his arm is wrapped around my hips. I smile at the way he is holding me, wanting to hold on to this feeling forever. The best night of my life, the butterflies in my stomach didn't go away. I substitute myself with a pillow and grab his shirt and sneak into the bathroom. I quickly shower and get dressed. I skipped breakfast and coffee and decided to eat at work today. I write him a little note and sneak out of the apartment but not before grabbing the note that I left on the side table.

I shiver at the thought of what could be on there. I don't want to look at it, I know that I need to leave and as soon as possible. But I have started something here, I have become happy, me the best of friends anyone can have and fell for someone I didn't think I could ever fall for. I smile sadly and hold the paper tighter in my hand. I know I will have to wait to leave till later this week. I want to spend the rest of the week here and get everything taken care of before I leave.

I hold on to the note tighter, making sure that I give myself the reminder that I am running for the safety of my new friends, and for the man that I have met and gotten to know. He has made me feel beautiful. He didn't say anything about the scars on my body, he made me feel wanted. I have never felt so calm as being in his arms. I take a deep breath and pick up my speed, I've saved enough to get a car, it will be cheap, and it won't last me long, but it should be good enough to get as far as I can. I found an older lady that is wanting to sell her car because she can't drive as much as she used to.

I have decided that come Monday, I will put in my last week, and apologize for the short notice. I don't want to quit. I want to keep working, I want to start a life, but I know I can't. I know that I have stayed here too long. Someone found me, they will tell him I can't imagine what he will do to me if he finds me and actually comes and gets me. The punishment that I will get, I don't know if I will live through it. I take a deep breath and stick the note into my purse, I don't want to tell anyone about it. I just want to work today, talk to Angelica about last night, and spend the day with her.

"Good morning, Bianca, how was your date?" asks Angelica. She looks like she will be jumping off the walls from excitement. I laugh lightly and wave hello.

"I will tell you all the details after work!" I told her and headed back to get ready for my shift. I blush at last night's events and put my head down. I am telling her about what happened last night. Not that I don't want to, it's just something I want to keep between us.

I take a deep breath, and get to work, I know I need to tell her that I must leave and that I have to move again. I don't want to go but I can't stay here anymore. It is too dangerous, someone found me, and I don't even know who it could be. Maybe one of his friends, I know there was a few of them that knew what was going on. I thought that they would save me, but they didn't, they just watched like it was free entertainment. I shudder at the memory.

The day moved quickly, I forgot my phone in the apartment, I bet it's dead, I didn't even remember where it was, my body woke up without me needing an alarm today. Which I was grateful for, I didn't want to wake Bryson up. The bell above the door rings, I look up and gasp at who is standing there.

Bryson walks towards me and doesn't look at anyone else that is there. I stand there not moving and bit my lip. His eyes look down at my lips and I release it instantly and blush. "You left." He spoke. I nod my head in a yes.

"I.. I... I had work, I didn't want to wake you up." I whisper out, he hums and hands me my phone as well. "Thank you. I am sorry for leaving you, you looked cute sleeping." I say and blush quickly looking down at the counter like it was going to give me an answer to my embarrassment.

"Well, I would've preferred to be woken up, so that I can kiss you again, unless you want me to do that right now, in the middle of the coffee shop?" He asks, I shake my head no, he shakes his head at me to follow him. I quickly tell Angelica that I am taking a break, she nods her head at me.

I follow Bryson outside and to his car that is parked near the curb, he opens the passenger door and looks at me, I walk towards, "Thank you." I whispered to him. He nods his head and goes into the passenger seat. His windows are tinted so no one can see in.

"So, you owe me a kiss." He looks over at me, I blush and lean over the middle console and give him a quick kiss, before I can back up, he grabs the back of my neck and kisses me deeper. I moan into his mouth as his tongue swipes my lip. I pulled away after a few minutes needing to breathe. I blush and fiddle with his fingers. I know I need to get back to work, but I really don't want too anymore. The thought of spending the day with him sounds more fun. I know he has it off today as he has to travel later this week. I bite my lip again and move towards opening the door, before I get out, he pulls my hand back.

"Come over tonight." He demands more than he asks. I nod my head and finish getting out. I waved a small goodbye and headed back to work. Angelica gave me a raised eyebrow. I shake my head at her. We get back to work and before I know it the day is done. I decided to read the note tomorrow. I want to go enjoy the night with Bryson again.