Chapter 28

It's been a few months since everything has happened. I started to go out more and enjoy my life a little. The nightmares are still there, sometimes I wake up feeling bad that Bryson has to deal with me. The backyard has become my safe space, to just go away. There is a little canyon nearby that I go drive to up and sit on a rock and watch the crashing of the river against the rocks, the little twigs that go floating by, and the birds flying free. It makes me feel like everything will be okay.

All the things that I have written in my journal after every time he hit me or said sorry. Were things of the past. I have learned that everything happens for a reason. I went through them to get here. I watch as Bryson gets ready for work and a smile crosses my face. He has been my rock for a while now. Just being there for me, not pushing me to do anything I didn't want to do.

"What are you smiling at sweetheart?" He asks, looking at me through the mirror. I blush, I didn't want to get caught but now that I am. I might as well continue looking at him. I love the tie he put on, it's one of my favorites.

I shake my head, "I am just happy to be here with you." I say and play with the ends of my dress. I started working at the flower shop again. I decided not to go back to the coffee shop, but I am always there visiting.

Bryson walks over to me and puts two fingers under my chin and gives me a kiss. He doesn't press for more and doesn't pressure me, for that I am grateful. I don't think I'm ready for any of that. I found out that Angelica is pregnant, I am so excited to be the aunt of that little angel. Her gender reveal is coming up, I have been working on a little surprise for her, I hope that she doesn't find out, it's been hard to keep it a secret.

"Do you want to go out for dinner tonight or do you want to cook again?" Asks Bryson.

"Hmm, I think I want to cook again, I was thinking we would invite Angelica and Jacob. Have they been getting closer?" I asked. I've noticed things that they do seem like they are into each other. Now I just want to know if they are.

"That would be great sweetheart. I will text Jacob and you can invite Angelica." I nod my head in agreement. "I think Jacob likes your friend but honestly, I'm not sure. I think they are just scared to make a move. Just in case the other isn't ready." I nod my head in agreement.

"Well, I think that they would be great together." I say, "Plus, they would be so cute together." I say and lay back on the bed to look at the ceiling.

I can hear him walk closer towards me and put his hands on either side of my body. "I think we are pretty cute together. Which, I didn't imagine would ever happen. Also, my parents want to have dinner with us this weekend." He says and leans down to give me a few more kisses.

"Wait, when were you going to tell me that your parents want to have dinner with us?" I ask, looking at him with a pout. I don't like not to have things ready for them. Plus, I've only met them 3 times since everything has happened.

He gives a small laugh, "I didn't want you to stress about it, so I was going to wait a little longer. But I don't like to keep things from you. My mom said that they will be bringing something with them when they come over. I was thinking we would make something to go with whatever she is doing. My guess is fish. That woman loves cooking a good fish." He says.

"I'll make some dessert and something to go with the fish, maybe some vegetables." I say as an idea popped into my head. I quickly sit up, "Oh! I was going to tell you that I want to go get some books today, I was thinking of taking one of your cars since you don't use all of them." He jumped back in surprise.

"You scared me love. I thought something was wrong." He spoke. "That's fine, I can have the driver take you if you want too." I shake my head no.

He kisses me one more time. "I have to get going if I'm going to be on time for my meeting." I nod my head and wrap my arms around him.

"See you later." I say and reach on my tippy toes and give him one more kiss. He grabs his coffee mug and leaves towards the garage.