Chapter 29

The weekend of his parents' dinner came faster than I thought it would. But I am excited to see them again. I got the broccoli ready, as well as a raspberry pie. I know they are bringing other things, so I didn't want to overdo it. I went ahead and got the table set as well. The doorbell rings as I get the pie out of the oven.

"Perfect timing." I mumble to myself. I wash my hands and quickly go to open the door for them to come in. "Hi, how are you?" I asked his mom and dad.

They each gave me a hug. "Come on in." I said. "Sorry Bryson is still on a business call but he should be in here soon. Do you want me to take the food and put it in the kitchen for you?"

"No dear, I can do it." Martha says. "How are you doing?" She asks. I would like it if people would stop asking me that. Every time they ask it makes me go back to that night, to everything I don't want to think about.

I smile and look at her, "I'm doing good. We have been working on a library room. He has so much space I want to make one a big library and add all my books into it." I say dreamily. It's all I want at this point to have a place I can go to and relax and not think about anything.

We continued talking about his dad jumping in occasionally. He doesn't ask as many questions as his wife does, which I'm grateful for.

"Sorry everyone, had to take care of some business. Is everyone ready to eat?" He walks over to me and gives me a quick kiss. We all sit down and start eating. The boys talk about business and I just sit there listening. For once the attention isn't on me. It's not like I don't mind that they talk to me, but I also didn't really want to talk. I just wanted to watch the normal family dinner. Without plates breaking or yelling a lot of swear words.

God, I have missed a lot. I have wanted this for so long that I don't know what to do now that I have it. I can't decide if I like it or not. I watch everyone, and smile. This is something that I dreamed about I can't believe that this is happening to me.

After dinner we all sit down and have dessert and have a glass of wine. I have found one that is the perfect amount of sweetness. It took me long enough to find it though. I remember how many wineries we went to just for me to find it. I remember how Bryson told me that he would be drunk if we went to one more. But we finally found it, of course it is a raspberry wine. But you can't ever go wrong with a raspberry flavor anything. Yum.

"Well, we have got to get going. Thank you, guys, for having us. Tonight, has been an amazing night. We should do this again soon at our place." His mother stated, we nodded in agreement. Giving hugs is still weird for me. I'm not used to it but I kind of like it to be honest.

Once they leave, we decided to clean up a little bit. I know that he has a maid come once a week to clean up, but I like to clean. After finally letting him know that I can do it and that he doesn't need to have someone come and do it for us, he agreed. Of course, I did convince him with a little something, something.

"I hope that wasn't to much for you." Bryson said, putting his arms around my waist and kissing my neck.

"Mmmm, it was a lot of fun, I'm glad that they could come over." I said back to him with a smile, as I bit my lip.

He turns me around and gives me a kiss, it heatsup faster than I thought it would, who am I kidding. I was hoping that it wouldheat up. He sits me on the counter and starts kissing me down my neck. I moanat the feeling. He picks me up and leads me to the bedroom.