Chapter 27

My eyes hurt from the sun coming through the window. I don't know what day it is, I'm not sure where I am either. I open and close my eyes a couple of times, before looking around and seeing that I am in the hospital. I wonder how I got here. My hand feels like it's weighed down. I look over and see that Bryson is here and is holding my hand. I smile down at him. I feel like I haven't seen him in so long. My head feels like it's pounding, my body feels heavy, but not as heavy as it was a while ago. I don't feel the pain, which I know is the medicine that I am on.

I know that people have been in and out of here. I kept hearing voices, but I wasn't sure who it was. I just know that Angelica was definitely here I can see my nails are painted and I know I didn't do that. I also know that I felt Bryson's lips on my forehead. I wish I was fully awake when he kissed me. He was so handsome. I can't believe that I have him, I know he might not want me anymore and I know that we aren't much, but he is amazing. I wonder if he was there when I was finally saved, I wonder if he saw me like that.

I run my hand through his hair, it's so soft, I can see a little beard growing on his face. I like it, I like it a lot. He starts to move, and I take my hand back, not wanting to touch him just in case he doesn't want me to. He falls back to sleep, and I go ahead and put my hand back and continue running it through his hair. His eyes open slowly, before his eyes go wide and a huge smile takes over his face.

"You are awake!" He spoke. He gives me a big kiss on the lips, my eyes go wide and my mouth flies open. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that." He says, I shake my head and grab his hand. I pulled him closer to me and gave him a hug.

I am so lucky that I have him, "No, it's ok." I say and blush a deep read. He gives a small laugh; I smack him lightly on his chest and he leans down and kisses me on the forehead.

"I'm going to go get a doctor to come checks on you." He said, he turned around to leave, I can feel the panic rise, however I know I am safe. I want to make sure that I don't stay here longer than I should. I can't imagine how expensive it will be.

The doctor walks in and looks up at me, "Hi Bianca, how are you feeling?" She asks. I'm glad it's a female doctor, I don't think I can handle another male. I nod my head in agreement.

"I'm doing good, I don't feel a lot of pain, but I'm guessing it's because of the medicine that I am on." I say and smile at her.

She nods her head in agreement. "Do you mind if I check you out? I want to make sure that everything is healing okay." She spoke. I nod my head, "Okay, can you give us a minute Bryson, you can come in as soon as I'm done." He nods his head and gives me a kiss on my forehead.

The doctor walks closer to me, "I'm going to look at your ribs, and your back. I also want to go ahead and look at the rest of you to make sure that you are okay." I nod my head again. I don't want to see the damage that was done to me. I already know that I won't look that great. I also know that these will take a while to go away.

She touches my ribs, I don't feel anything since I know I am still on some medication, and she checks the rest of my cuts and bruises to make sure that they are healing. She then touches my head to make sure that nothing is wrong with it. The last thing she checks for me is to make sure that nothing in my face is broken. Although I know that there isn't since he didn't do much to me there but slap me. I shudder at the memory and look down at my hands.

"You look good, there are some bruises that will take time to heal, you have two ribs that are broken on the right side and the left side is bruised pretty badly. I want to keep you here for another two days since you just woke up and then we will discharge you. I also want you to see a therapist while you are here, she is one of my friends and I'm sure that you would like her." I nod my head, knowing that this is something that I will need to do.

I don't want to ask anything else, but I know I need to ask this question. "Was I raped?" I asked in a small whisper, hoping that she would hear me so that I don't have to ask it again.

"No, they didn't get a chance to do anything like that to you. I do see that you aren't a virgin, but you didn't get raped." I nod my head and blush knowing that Bryson and I have been together. I feel relief flood my body. Knowing that he is the only one that I have been with. I don't think I have felt happier knowing that he didn't get me and that he didn't have a chance to ruin me.

She smiles lightly at me, "Do you want me to let Bryson back in here?" I nod my head with a small smile, and a blush coating my cheeks. I really don't want him to see the rest of my body. He won't find me attractive after everything that has happened. I take a deep breath when I hear the door open and let it out slowly.

He walks over to me, "How are you feeling?" He asks and sits down next to me; he grabs my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze.

"Good, I think it's the medicine." I laugh lightly and answer him. He shakes his head at me, knowing that I'm trying to lighten the mood. "The doctor said that two ribs are broken on the right side, and the left side is bruised. Everything else is scrapes and bruises that will go away with time. How long was I out for? I forgot to ask the doctor." I asked him and looked into his eyes. I forgot how pretty they are. The blue is the lightest blue I've ever seen.

He nods his head, and looks up at me, I blush at the thoughts that I'm having of him even though it isn't dirty. I look down at my hands not wanting to keep eye contact. I don't know what he thinks of me right now and I don't really know what's going on. "You were out for a week; it was touch and go for the first two days and then you were stable and recovering. I was scared I was going to lose you. I am in love with you, I was so scared that I wouldn't get the chance to tell you that. I want you to know that I want you to be mine, for as long as you have me." I looked up at him shocked, I didn't know that he felt like this about me. I wasn't even sure that he liked me more than a couple of dates that we had him.

I remember all of our conversations that we ever had, he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend and I was grateful for that, I wasn't sure if he would want me after everything that happened to me. "But you don't know everything..." I trail off, not knowing how to say what I wanted to say, I do love him, but I'm scared he doesn't know everything that has happened to me. Why I was running, why I didn't stay anywhere.

"You can tell me all of that when you are ready,I don't want to let you go, I want you to see how much I love you, care aboutyou and how beautiful you are." He said, the amount of hope he has in me andthe trust is beyond what I thought would have happened.