Part I - Humble Beginnings

"Hi. My name is Y/N L/N. I'm a-- No, no, no..." Y/N said, erasing the words he had just written down.

Y/N sat back in his chair and put the pencil to his chin.

"Y/N L/N is my name. I attend Aldera Middle School where-- No, no, no!" Y/N said, getting frustrated as he erased more words.

Y/N laid his head down on the table, slowly drifting off.

Next Day...

"L/N" Mr. Dronum said.

The entire class stopped talking and turned their focus to Y/N.

"Yes, sir?" Y/N asked.

"Come talk to me outside of class for a second" Mr. Dronum said, holding the classroom door open for Y/N.

Y/N lazily stood up and walked over as multiple students began to laugh.

After Y/N stpped out, Mr. Dronum closed the door behind him, leaving it to a one-on-one conversation.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you this before you understand, but you're the only one in all of my classes that has a failing grade" Mr. Dronum said.

Y/N stayed silent.

"Is there anything going on at home I need to be concerned about? You never really talk" Mr. Dronum asked.

"No, nothing at home" Y/N said.

"Okay... Are we dealing with a lack of motivation or...?" Mr. Dronum asked.

"I guess I just don't know what I wanna do" Y/N admitted.

"What do you mean? Can you elaborate?" Mr. Dronum asked.

"...no, I don't really think I can" Y/N said.

Mr. Dronum analyzed Y/N's expression.

"Okay. Talk to me anytime you need. I'm always here and I want to see you succeed" Mr. Dronum said.

Mr. Dronum opened up the classroom door and lightly pat Y/N on the back.

"Alright, go back to your seat now, champ" Mr. Dronum said.

Y/N sluggishly walked back to his seat and sat down.

He didn't rest his head, he never did that. He preferred to stare into space.

Y/N got caught in a trance once again staring at the whiteboard.

"Psst" A pink girl tugged a little harder on Y/N's sleeve.

"Huh?" Y/N said.

"Why'd he call you out there?" The pink girl asked.

"Oh. Just some bad grades, you know" Y/N said, rubbing the back of his head nervously.

"It's the beginning of the year, and we've only had so many assignments. Are you just not turning them in?" The pink girl asked.

"No, not really. The only one I've turned in was that 'About Me' essay" Y/N said.

"That's not really something to be proud of. Do you need help on any of the assignments?" The pink girl asked.

"Uh...sure, I guess" Y/N said, breaking eye contact and rubbing the back of his head nervously again.

After class had ended, Y/N was still in his trance.

Y/N was taken out of it when he was poked in the head with the butt of a pencil.