Part V - Self Image

Y/N L/N vs. Yaola Hiro

Y/N L/N and Yaola Hiro.

If this were professional boxing, Y/N L/N would be the 3rd title contender and Yaola Hiro would be placed 2nd.

Yaola Hiro, 19, was a white male with short, greasy hair tied into a bun on the back.

He was 6'0, weighed 220 lbs while being lean, most of his weight being from muscle, and his reach being 74".

He had achieved a salutable record of 32-1, 29 by decision.

He was known for his defensive style, choosing to throw very little punches per round and relying on parrying, blocking, and dodging to steal rounds from his opponent.

Y/N L/N was very different.

Y/N, 15, was known for his aggressive style, constantly pressing forward and using defense to set up his offense.

He was 5'9, weighed 201 pounds, being very lean and most of his weight also coming from muscle, and his reach being 69".

The main big difference between this fight and other fights was that since it was between two top 3 amateur boxers, it was going to be televised.

"This will be your first impression on the wider public, Y/N. I expect you to put on a breathtaking performance" Cus said, tying Y/N's gloves.

"Are you okay?" Y/N asked, noticing Cus sweating and tripping on his words.

"I'm worried about some of the people showing up to this fight. The boxing game can be very shady" Cus said.

"What do you mea--" Y/N tried to say, before the timer on Cus' phone rang.

"It's time for you to go out there and kick ass. Make a first impression unlike any other!" Cus said, pushing Y/N towards the door.

Y/N and Cus walked through the hallway and into the pathway to the ring.

The largest crowd Y/N had ever seen was right in front of his eyes.

A hundred, no, a couple hundred, maybe even a thousand people all showed up for this fight.

"Since when did I have merchandise?" Y/N thought as he looked at the crowd of fans, noticing a few shirts with an animated version of his face plastered onto them like a YouTube channel logo.

Y/N stepped into the ring with Cus.

Y/N moved to the middle of the ring and threw his hands in the air to ensuing cheers and a few boos from the crowd.

Cus moved to the corner and watched the crowd, searching through it.

"The weight on these shoulders never seem to lighten up on days like this..." Cus thought.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Mina called out from the crowd.

"And now SHE shows up..." Cus thought, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Y/N gave a nod to Mina as he began shadowboxing in the center of the ring to appease the crowd.

Yaola Hiro walked through the crowd, high-fiving his fans on the sidelines.

"Maybe I should try that..." Y/N thought, watching his opponent.

Yaola Hiro climbed through the ring, and raised his hands in the air as he stepped in the middle, creating even more cheers.

Yaola Hiro bowed to the crowd in all directions, and then bowed directly to Y/N, getting a bunch of "OOOO"s from the crowd.

"You're just gonna let him disrespect you like that? He's generating fanfare, Y/N! Show him you're also confident!" Cus lectured.