Part IV - Summer's End

Summer was turbulent for Y/N L/N, with his training regimen stricter than ever and his trainer, Cus D'Omata, taking full advantage of the newfound time Y/N had.

By the end of summer, Y/N had achieved an amateur record of 37-0.

Over time, fights became less frequent due to the caliber of his opponents being upgraded to legitimate amateur title contenders.

With school on the horizon, Y/N would have less time to train than he did before.

"Here's your new training regimen, Y/N" Cus said, handing Y/N a piece of paper.

Y/N read the paper written in Cus's sloppy handwriting.

3AM, wake up and stretch.

3:30, you do 5 miles worth of running.

4:30, you come to the gym and work on your skills.

5:30, you shower and go back to sleep until 7:30AM.

At 8AM, you get to school, eat your normal breakfast and lunch there. Your breakfast will be oatmeal and milk and your lunch will be chicken and rice with orange juice.

At 4PM, you leave school and head straight to the gym and spar 8 rounds.

At 5PM, you do an hour on the exercise bike.

At 6PM, you'll do all of your calisthenics.

At 8PM, you'll eat steak and pasta with some sugar free apple juice.

At 8:30PM, you'll go to sleep.

"Wait, what about the final 30 minutes on the exercise bike?" Y/N asked.

"You'll make that up with the increased running distance and taking out the walking" Cus said.

"Wait, can I alter the schedule?" Y/N asked.

"What do you mean? What are you gonna do?" Cus asked.

"After school, I usually...you know...talk to someone" Y/N said, looking to the floor, embarrassed.

"Oooohhhh, you're talking to a lady friend! Why don't you introduce me to her some time!" Cus said, patting Y/N on the back and laughing.

"Yeah, maybe, I guess" Y/N said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry, buddy. This schedule is already as tight as it gets. Maybe on the days when you have fights, you can meet up with her afterwards and spend time since you're allowed off of training for the rest of the day afterwards" Cus said.

"Oh, yeah. When is my next fight?" Y/N asked.

"I scheduled you against a very experienced opponent a week from now. His name is George Jones, he has a 45-5 record in the amateurs" Cus said.

"Make that 45-6" Y/N said.

"And you better do it in spectacular fashion. You better show the Golden Gloves Champion you're the storm no bomb shelter can handle!" Cus said.

"I will!" Y/N said.

Next Day...

3AM, wake up and stretch.

3:30, 5 miles worth of running.

4:30, arrive at the gym.

"Jesus, you smell like shit" Cus said, waving his hand in front of his nose as Y/N walked in.

Y/N practically had green gas coming from his body.