Part III - Threat

Y/N L/N vs Benjamin Davis

A fight some who paid attention to the amateur leagues were waiting to watch.

Y/N had already fought once that day against Fred Hampton, which Y/N won by knockout in the first round.

As seen in a viral video of his 10 second knockout against Un Drew posted by a spectator ringside, Benjamin Davis was seen as a perfect matchup for Y/N L/N in Cus's eyes.

Both were undefeated, L/N 16-0, Davis 20-0.

Both were knockout artists, never entering a fight that went past the first round.

Y/N L/N, 14, was a very young, rising star with seemingly unlimited potential.

Benjamin Davis, 22, was an amateur who was guaranteed a bright future on the path he was on, even almost making the Olympic team for amateur boxing.

Y/N L/N, 5'8 with a reach of 69".

Benjamin Davis, 6'2 with a reach of 79".

The fight ended in 8 seconds.

L/N and Davis rushed at eachother, L/N being the more frantic of the two.

L/N rushed in faster than usual, angered by Davis's trash talk during the referee's speech.

Y/N was in front of his first big audience. He wasn't fighting in the Cus D'Omata gym anymore, he was in a small arena with about 3/4 of the seats occupied.

L/N threw a jab at Davis, blocking Davis' vision.

At the same time, Davis threw a jab at L/N, which L/N slipped to the left.

Davis bounced back, looking to use his long range effectively rather than waste time on the inside.

Davis threw a fast one-two at L/N as he backed up, L/N ducked under them as he closed the distance.

Davis got a little hasty as he backed away, almost losing balance.

The two now stood a few feet apart, long range, which worked best for Davis and not so much for L/N.

L/N bounced forward and threw a jab at Davis' guard, trying to break through it.

Davis continued to back away.

"He'll tire out in a few rounds, I can promise you that!" Davis had said in a post on his social media.

L/N bounced forward at Davis while Davis backed away cautiously.

Davis tried to use his jab, but L/N slipped to the right and threw a jab through the opening Davis had created.

L/N's punch landed on the nose, stunning Davis.

In this split second of weakness, L/N finished the job, sending a jarring right hook at Davis' chin over Davis's lead hand, sending him to the floor.

20-0.

Y/N watched as Benjamin tumbled over onto his back, unable to get up from the punch.

Benjamin tried to stand, but he fell over immediately after.

Y/N, in the heat of the moment, ran over and jumped onto Cus, then falling onto the floor and rolling around in happiness.

20-1.

17-0.

"Right on the chin. I've never been in front of a crowd like that. My head hurts" Y/N said, sipping water as he sat in the back of Cus's car.

"You did good" Cus said.

Y/N's heart skipped a beat.

"What?" Y/N asked.