Part XVI - Change Your Mind

1 Day, 1 Day, 1 Day...

"Cus. You have tabs on every prominent amateur fighter. Where is Vahid currently?" Y/N asked, unwrapping his handwraps.

"I keep tabs on their careers, not their location. Plus, I don't want you dealing with that crazy bastard Gionata" Cus said.

"I just wanna talk to Vahid, that's all" Y/N said.

"I don't know where he is, and if I did, I wouldn't give it to you, that's final. You're just gonna have to fight him and let him destroy himself, it's his fault anyway for hiring that scumbag" Cus said.

"I can't just let that happen" Y/N said.

"I know you care about Vahid, all fighters care about opponents they've had hard fights with, but he's done this to himself. He dug his own grave and now you just have to fill it back up with him in it" Cus said.

Y/N looked unsure.

"Yeah, I guess" Y/N mumbled.

After Training...

Y/N and Mina walked together as usual.

Neither spoke a single word.

"Soooo....tomorrow's fight night" Mina said.

"I know" Y/N said.

"My opponent is nobody special, just another Joe Schmoe to get to my champion. I wonder how I'll get past that Quirk she has? Do I need to throw super fast combinations out of nowhere to beat her future sight?" Mina asked herself.

"Maybe" Y/N said.

"Oo! What about--" Mina said, being interrupted by Y/N.

"Mina, I get it, but I don't want to talk. All I can think about is that I'm gonna have to ruin Vahid's life to save him from Gionata. There's nothing I can do about it" Y/N said.

"I know it's a terrible suggestion, but what if we do what Gionata did to Cus?" Mina said.

"Oh come on. We're trying to be heroes here, how the hell will we become heroes if we're in prison" Y/N said.

"Just a suggestion..." Mina said.

"Yeah, but I want to do it. The more I think about what he did to Cus, the more I think you might be right" Y/N said.

"You know what, it was a terrible idea in the first place. I threw it out there by mistake" Mina said.

Y/N noticed her withdrawal.

"Yeah, you're right..." Y/N said.

They arrived at Mina's apartment.

"You sleeping here tonight?" Mina asked before she even took the first step.

"How about you come over to mine?" Y/N asked.

Mina pondered it for a second, thinking back to the conversation.

"I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind" Mina said, hopping back down the steps.

Truth is, she felt like she needed to be by Y/N's side, as the next day wouldn't be easy for the boy.

Mina put on her best performance as they walked together, keeping the mood light and avoiding the topic altogether.

Y/N walked slower and slower as they moved along, Mina slowing down as well to match his pace, until Y/N completely stopped.

"Can you stop avoiding it, please? I think it might help me if we talked about it instead of treating it like it doesn't exist" Y/N said, his head hung low.