Special - Stuck In The Background

"Good morning, class" Mr. Dronum said in his usual, monotone but somewhat caring voice.

Mina sat back in her front-row chair, stretching her arms high into the sky.

"Can you put your hands down? I can't see the board" The student behind her asked.

"Oh, sorry" Mina said with her usual smile.

"Do you two have anything you want to share with the class?" Mr. Dronum said, tapping his ruler on Mina's desk.

"No? Not really anything important" Mina said.

"Well then why are you focusing on it rather than your studies?" Mr. Dronum asked.

"Why are you focusing on it rather than our studies?" Mina asked.

Mr. Dronum looked around the room after she said that, breaking his eye contact with her out of shock at her form of disobedience.

Mr. Dronum sighed and said, "Touché, but don't let me catch you talking again", and walked back to the board.

Mina wrote down all her notes but didn't pay attention to them, just writing down the words and drawing the visualizations of whatever she was taking notes on.

Near the end of class, Mr. Dronum put down his ruler and allowed the class 5 minutes of free time all to themselves. It was the end of the lesson and there was nothing else to teach for the day.

Mina turned her whole body to the side and began chatting up her friends, pulling out their phones and talking about whatever topics and discussing gossip.

One topic of discussion was brought up by Kirishima.

"That entire jogstrap incident reminds me of that one kid in the back of the class. He just sits there and stares all day, either that or he sleeps. Is he okay?" Kirishima brought up.

"Maybe he's like a psyche ward patient" Breanne said.

"Or maybe he's just some sort of secret super hero and has to constantly hide his Quirk because it's too powerful, and it's always trying to come out but he has to hold it in" Heidi fantasized jokingly, making glittery hand gestures as she went along.

"Or maybe he's just introverted" Mina said.

"Insanely introverted. It's like that one kid who plays Yu-Gi-Oh all by himself at lunch. They're both school shooters, 100%" Breanne said.

"Stop that, he's just introverted" Mina said.

"What she said" Kirishima said.

"Whatever. Anyways, where's Kaminari? He hasn't missed a single day of school this entire year" Breanne said.

Lunch...

"Slop, as usual" Kirishima said, pouring out his "Mashed Potatoes" onto his plate like soup.

Mina scrolled through Instagram on her phone.

Mina, unknowingly, not thinking, took a bite of her slop as she scrolled.

Mina immediately felt sick to her stomach, feeling her stomach rumble like an engine.

"I hope you survive" Heidi jokingly said.

Mina got up and speedwalked herself out of the lunchroom, not wanting to run, thinking it would've been embarrassing.

Mina did her business and stepped out of the women's bathroom, breathing in and out very loudly in relief.