Part VII - Different Destinies

"Here you go, sweetie" Diana said, placing a bowl of soup on Y/N's desk.

Y/N sat back in his chair, staring at the wall.

He hadn't trained that day.

Diana walked out of the room, staring at Y/N from behind her as she closed the door.

Y/N thought back to the previous day.

In front of thousands of people, possibly millions because it was Golden Gloves, he was knocked out in only 30 seconds.

He couldn't do anything against Vahid Zare.

Vahid Zare was a wild grizzly bear compared to Y/N.

Y/N clutched both sides of his head as he slouched over in his seat, his eyes wide open as he began to have a panic attack.

Y/N slammed his eyes shut in this attack on the mind.

Soon, the pain just stopped, and Y/N laid back in his seat, his eyes a dark shade of purple from not sleeping the previous night.

A tap on Y/N's window.

Y/N looked over.

The tapping continued in a rhythm.

Y/N stood up and walked over to the window.

It was Mina.

Y/N opened the window.

"Pretty nice you're only on the first floor. How have you been doing?" Mina asked.

Y/N walked back to his desk, grabbed a pen and paper, and wrote down his thoughts.

"Pretty terrible" Y/N wrote down.

"I'd imagine. Can I come in?" Mina asked.

Y/N turned around and looked at his messy room.

Y/N flipped the page and began writing on a new page.

"My room is a mess" Y/N wrote down.

"I don't care, mine is too. You probably don't have the time to clean up, anyways, so it's not like you're at fault for it" Mina said.

Y/N opened the window up all the way and stepped to the side, allowing Mina entry.

Mina climbed through and looked around.

"You weren't kidding when you said it was a mess..." Mina said, looking around at the clothes and trash all around the floor.

Y/N shrugged his shoulders.

Mina flopped down on Y/N's bed.

"This bed is comfy! I thought someone like you would've chosen to sleep on a big rock or something as part 'Endurance Training', or whatever" Mina joked, sitting back up.

Y/N chuckled.

Y/N wrote on his paper.

"Well, I guess no more endurance training for me now, huh?" Y/N wrote down.

"Oh, come on! You can still do it. You lost, so what. Just come on back when you're ready" Mina said.

"My mom doesn't want me to come back, and I don't think I want to, either" Y/N wrote down.

"Are you being serious right now?" Mina asked.

"I haven't fully made up my mind, but I haven't felt good about the sport in a while" Y/N wrote down.

"You can't just give up. What would Cus say?" Mina said.

"He'd lecture me for 30 minutes" Y/N wrote down.