Part XIV - Rankings

"Hey, you're updated on the news here. I need to know what's been happening" Y/N said.

"Like I know! I have almost no time to do anything for myself. Plus, the 'Going on's are probably stupid anyways. It's always two rich people arguing over who's stupider" Mina said.

"I expected you to know what's happening. You're always on top of things" Y/N said.

"That's because I had the time to myself and I actually had social media, which you've never had. How have you gone your whole life without a single account to your name?" Mina asked.

"Because I've had South Park holding my attention" Y/N said.

They arrived at Mina's apartment building.

"I'll see you tomorrow" Y/N said.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to stay over tonight" Mina said.

"What are we gonna do? We're just gonna immediately go to sleep and wake back up. What's the point?" Y/N said.

"There is no point, you just do it" Mina said, grabbing Y/N's hand.

Mina led Y/N through the halls of the complex.

"This is stupid..." Y/N thought.

They walked into the apartment together.

"We didn't need to knock this time?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, because last time SOMEONE punched my dad when he answered the door. I have a key now thanks to you and my mother doesn't trust the door" Mina said.

Mina's mother was asleep in her bedroom.

Everything was clean, almost spotless.

"After, you know, what happened, I expected it to not be as clean. Happy you both have been keeping your lives in order despite what's been happening" Y/N said.

"I don't do the cleaning, besides my room. It's all my mother, and it's all she does anymore" Mina said, opening her bedroom door.

"Byproduct of grievance?" Y/N asked, following.

"...Most likely" Mina said.

Mina and Y/N set their bags down on the floor.

Y/N stared at a big journal on her desk.

"Is that your diary?" Y/N asked.

"I don't do diaries. It's just a journal I take notes in, that's all. If I need to study up on something, I write down all the notes in there" Mina said, laying spread out on her bed.

"You mind if I take a look?" Y/N asked.

"Why would you wanna do that?" Mina asked.

"No point in doing it, I just wanna do it" Y/N said.

"Fine, whatever" Mina said.

Y/N picked up the journal, undid the strap, and flipped through some of the pages, skimming through the information.

Some notes on a topic that sounded familiar caught Y/N's attention.