Chapter 20: Overprotective Mate

"Ok we are on our way," Rani, Kion and Oral jumped out of the hotspring and ran to the pass.

When they arrived, they saw a snow leopard with crystal blue eyes. "Who are you!" Kion defensively stood in front of Rani. "I'm Kieran, and I have come looking for a safe place to live," Kieran explained. (Kieran means "little dark one" Kieran is a male)

Rani stood beside Kion. "You are welcome to stay Kieran, as long as you respect the circle of life," Rani calmly said. "Yes I will, thank you your majesty," Kieran bowed. "Please just call me Rani," Rani replied. Kieran bowed.

Kion, Rani and Oral led Kieran to the Tundra. "Here is a den for you Kieran," Rani said. "Thank you so much Rani," Kieran thanked. "Anytime," Rani and Kion walked back to the tree. Oral went off to patrol with the Night Pride. Rani was leaning on Kion the entire way. It was hard having a stomach full of cubs.

Rani and Kion layed down on the royal Rock in the tree of life. Rani pinned Kion down. "What do you think your doing!" Kion shouted. Rani raised an eyebrow. "Pinning you down, duh." "You can't be doing any kind of fighting! You might hurt the cubs!" Kion shouted. "Kion you don't need to be so overprotective of me, although this side of you is hot," Rani smirked at Kion. Kion blushed, "I just don't want you or our future cub or cubs getting hurt," Kion said. "How about this, I won't do any kind of fighting, except for pinning you down," Rani offered. "That's better," Kion smiled. Rani licked his cheek. Kion tensed up a bit, but then settled down. Rani layed on Kion's chest, nuzzling in his chest fur. "You make a nice bed," Rani said. "Thanks," Kion smiled. "How is your fur so soft," Rani said with her eyes closed. "You think my fur is soft?" Kion asked. Rani licked his chest, "Very soft." "And how come your so beautiful," Kion smirked at Rani. "Aww! Kion your the best," Rani smiled. "I know, " Kion replied, "And our cubs are going to very beautiful, because of you." "And your going to be the best dad ever," Rani nuzzled into Kion's neck. Kion smiled. He could hear Rani purring. They both fell asleep, dreaming about their cubs.

Kion woke up the next morning, to see Rani still laying on him. He tried to move, but Rani wrapped her paws around him tighter, "No you can't leave, your to comfy." "Rani, what about royal duties?" Kion asked. "My bed can't leave," Rani nuzzled into Kion's chest fur. "Alright alright you win," Kion smiled. "Yeah I know, and I always will," Rani smiled at Kion. Kion and Rani cuddled for an hour.

Baliyo ran into the tree, and saw Kion and Rani cuddling. He didn't want to ruin the moment, but this was important. "Rani! Kion! We need you at the pass, there is a bunch of lionesses!" Baliyo shouted. Kion and Rani shot up. They both ran out, with Baliyo following.

Kion stood infront of Rani. He didn't want the lionesses knowing she was pregnant. They would know she was weak, and attack her. But he wouldn't let that happen. "Who are you!" Kion demanded. "I'm Emer, and these are my friends, we were hoping we could find a safe place to live," Emer explained. (Emer means "Swift")

Rani stood beside Kion

Rani stood beside Kion. "You guys are welcome to stay, but you need to respect the circle of life," Rani explained. "Yes. Yes of course!" Emer said, "Aziz your ok, you can come out now," A little lioness cub came out of the group of lionesses. (Aziz means "precious")

Ok I'll show you to your-" Rani started, "Ahhh!" She screamed

Ok I'll show you to your-" Rani started, "Ahhh!" She screamed. She fell to the ground. "RANI!" Kion ran over to her. He remembered that Nirmala said when this happens, he should massage her stomach. Kion ran over to her, and massaged her stomach. Rani kept screaming. She was in a lot of pain. But the feeling of Kion's paws on her stomach made her feel a lot better. "Thank you Kion," Rani licked his cheek. Kion blushed. "Rani, you won't show them anywhere, Baliyo will, I need to help you," Kion said sternly. "Ok Kion, Baliyo?" Rani asked. Baliyo nodded. Kion walked Rani back to the tree. Rani layed down, nuzzled into Kion's chest fur.

------------
Hey guys, I hope you like my book so far! Im sorry I didn't post many parts today, I had school. On the weekends, I'll try to post as many parts as I can. I don't want you guys getting mad at me for not posting. On school days, I'll post one long part like this, but Christmas break is in about 2 weeks, so I'll post as many parts as I can. I promise. Love yall, and remember, HAVE A GREAT DAY, EVERY DAY! 🥰❤