Chapter 27: Always Be Careful

Kion and Rani woke up. Rani licked Kion's cheek. "Morning handsome." "Morning beautiful," Kion smiled. They walked out. Kion stretched. "What should we do today?" Kion asked. "I have no idea," Rani replied. Rani pinned Kion to the ground. She kissed him. Then she started to tickle his paws. "Ahhh!" Kion shouted, "that tickles!" "It should," Rani smirked. She kept tickling his paws. Kion laughed uncontrollably. "I can't breath!" He laughed. Rani stopped. She got off of him. "I think I'll go see some friends," Kion said. "Ok, be back soon," Rani nuzzled him. "I will," Kion walked off. Rani decided to go check the mountain pass.

She slowly walked there, because it was hard to walk with a stomach full of cubs. When she arrived, she saw a panther. "Hi who are you?" She asked. "Names Dade," Dade said. (Dade means "Dark One")

"And I'm your biggest nightmare," Dade smirked

"And I'm your biggest nightmare," Dade smirked. Rani was confused. Before she could do anything, she was thrown against a rock. Her back slamming into it so hard, she lost her breath. She blacked out.

Rani woke up in the Tree Of Life. She saw Kion pacing back and forth. Nirmala was beside her. "Kion, Rani's awake!" She shouted. Kion bolted to Rani's side and licked her cheek. "What happened?" Rani asked. "I saw the panther throw you, so I roared him away, and brought you here," Kion explained. Rani looked worried, "What about our cubs! Are they ok!" She shouted at Nirmala. "Yes Rani, they are fine," Nirmala replied. Rani took a sigh of relief. "Rani you need to be more careful!" Kion said. Rani stood up. "I'm fine Kion." "I thought you died!" Kion shouted. Nirmala left the Tree. "Kion, I didn't die, and our cubs are ok, don't be so overprotective," Rani replied. "How can I not be overprotective if your hurt!" Kion shouted. Rani sighed. She knew she couldn't win this battle. "Fine Kion, but I still need some space," Rani said. "Thanks Rani, I just want you to be safe," he said. Rani kissed him, "I'll always be safe with you." Kion smiled. They nuzzled. They both layed down and cuddled in the tree. Falling asleep.