𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑

⸺𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝.❞

A/N: I EDITED THIS WHOLE CHAPTER

23.01.2024

As the campfire crackled and the sweet melodies of your guitar faded into the night, Tails spoke up as soon as you strummed the last chord, "I'm not carrying it back

As the campfire crackled and the sweet melodies of your guitar faded into the night, Tails spoke up as soon as you strummed the last chord, "I'm not carrying it back." You rolled your eyes, contemplating picking up the instrument yourself. "I'll carry it back this time. But-" you turned towards the sleepy trio, "You guys are going to bed."

They huffed and groaned in dissatisfaction, reluctantly getting up from the fire and shuffling towards their sleeping bags. Just as the night seemed to settle into calm, Sonic burst out of the house holding something up with a cheerful voice. "Hey, I brought more s'mores! Who wants some?"

A chorus of cheers erupted, led by Cream, Cheese, Ray, and Charmy, despite your deadpan expression. Tails snickered next to you, finding amusement in the situation. "Sonic! I was just about to put them to bed and call it a day. What the heck?! Do you have any idea how hard it is to put kids to sleep?"

Tails simply stroked your back with an amused smirk, "Come on, Mint, let them be. It's just a little while longer."

You huffed, "Tails, sugar does not help with sleep."

Sonic, standing next to the kids who were greedily stuffing their faces with sugary goodness, nodded in agreement, his mouth full. "Yeah, whatever Tails said."

Tails added more sympathetically, "Let them have their fun. They'll be leaving in the morning. I don't think it would be a problem for them to stay awake a little longer."

Mighty settled on the other side of you, observing the kids' happy giggles, and agreed with Tails, "They can stay up for one or two more hours."

Sonic gulped down his dessert for the day, nodding along with their reasoning. "Yeah, cut us some slack."

"We're not talking about you, Sonic... Ah, whatever," you sighed, resigning to the situation.

A digital voice chirped in, catching the attention of you and Mighty. "Set a man on fire and he'll stop bothering you," the voice boomed. Mighty, raised an eyebrow and turned to you, questioning, "You sure you don't want him back?"

Shard responded confidently, "I am handsome, red shell, you are just jelly." Despite his bravado, Shard found himself trembling when Mighty held him tauntingly between his fingers, a sound of terror crossing his voice as it glitched. Buzzing for help, Shard clearly regretted his earlier words.