𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏𝟑

A/n: Nine hunts me down in my dreams

Btw I'm editing this book. So you can check it from the start~

God help me finish season 2 pls

Your eyes closed, focus. You grimaced your face with a heavy sigh. Your hands crossed over your chest as you were leaning over the glass barrier that the room Chaos Council were in and talking. Your eyes blinked open hearing Sonic's voice from Nine's communicator.

"Hang on, Nine, Y/n. I am coming for you two."

"No." Nine quickly answered, "Don't worry about us." He turned away from the Council whispering into his communicator. He tried to reassure him. He already knew how reckless he could get from his small amount of time with him, unless he got into his mind that you two are actually fine with this. Which you were.

"We're working on a plan to get the Shards from the inside. The best thing for you to do is to get the next Shard before they do." He made a move for you to come closer. You raised a brow and listened. You leaned over his communicator.

"Are you sure?" As Sonic's nervous voice came out, you smiled at his worry. You now understand what is going through Nine's mind and you try to help ease him up.

You rolled your eyes, "We'll be fineee. You worry about the other shards. Trust us a bit."

Nine agreed, "These eggheads are playing into my hands. They don't know I've been downloading their tech." He spoke smugly.

You playfully nudge his shoulder laughing, "Damn it, Sonic. Look at what you've done. You rub off on him!" Nine huffed and rolled his eyes, what betrayed his supposed annoyance was his smile.

Sonic chuckled, "What can I say? I always leave my impression wherever I go."

"I think that's enough to boost your ego, Mr needlemouse. It's already big enough to deal with."

Sonic gasped while Nine snorted, he quickly held his mouth from laughing. Obviously, he wasn't expecting that. It was so sudden and the reactions you get even made you laugh. Sonic groaned, "Aw, you promise to never use that name again!" He sounded hurt but you knew he was faking it.

"Needlemouse?" Nine stuffed his laughs mixed with confusion.

"You better get used to it."

Sonic continues whining and groaning while you continue with your bold remarks. Annoying him and him teasing you back for revenge.

"I lost count how many times you fell flat on your face."

"That was only one time!"

Though both of you deep down just continue this for shits and laughs, to hear him laugh more. Hearing him laugh made both of you feel happy and relaxed from the stress of your stations.

Nine push your face out of his communicator before you can say anything else more, both of you still having that afterglow of laughing so much, "Okay, okay, that's enough. We are getting out of topic here. It's a serious matter you know. The Chaos Council has two Shards, remember? We shouldn't be having fun."