𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏𝟓

❝𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝. ❞

Mr

Mr.Doctor Eggman hums as he watches Babble and Don't clear out the way from the broken shards floating in shutterspace in the mothership.

He turns away in his floating seat and looks towards the shard pieces he has captive, powering the whole ship. Then his eyes landed on the fox typing away on a control panel and the human sitting leaning over it, eyes closed.

He turns away, "Mothership, play audiobook."

"Playing the Art of World Domination." It acknowledges his comment.

You and Nine glance at each other.

"Chapter One. Posture matters."

Eggman presses his fingers with each other with a satisfying smile and leans back.

Nine shook his head with a smirk and scoffs.

Hearing his mocking scoff Eggman quickly stopped the audiobook and faced him with a glare. "Mothership, stop the audiobook!" It turns off.

He glances at Nine, "Smirk while you can, rat."

"Soon the Chaos Council will have a third Shard in our grasp. Pray we still require your assistance when that happens."

Nine smiled confidently, "As long as Sonic is out there, you'll need all the help you can get." He went back to typing casually.

"Zip it! The only noise I want to hear is the sound of you upgrading the shatterdrive to contain more prism energy!" Ship rumbles and jolts, causing Eggman to fall out of his seat. His toupee falls off as he reaches out and grabs it from the ground.

You and Nine glanced at each other with raised brows, unbothered.

Eggman gots up, "Oh, for the love of-" He turns to you two, "Don't get any funny ideas." He warned.

"I wouldn't dream of it!" Nine remarked back.

"Outwitted by a fox. It's really amazing to watch you work, Nine." You hummed as you watched Eggman leave.

Nine glanced at you, "You know... I think I like you better now. Don't get it wrong. What I mean is, You are getting the hang of your powers and all... and that emotionless stunt you are pulling is... something I don't think I wanna get too used to... but getting to know you more... I understand that, not all hum- You are a good company to have around." He quickly corrected himself.

You looked up towards Nine, "Was that a compliment?"

He glanced back at his work, "Don't get used to it."

"Then I'll savor every moment of it."

You saw a smile appear on his lips and copied it, trying it for yourself, but alas you still felt nothing, as if the only thing you have in your heart was a deep dark void of nothingness. You wondered what he felt at that moment? Was he happy? Why would he be happy? Satisfied? Peaceful? Delighted? Yeah no. All these words were not the emotions no one would feel in this current situation. So why would he be happy? But it didn't look like his usual quick or sarcastic smiles he pulled off. It was hard to understand stuff when you feel nothing, you can't make empathy. Even though you lived all your life sharing that. It was one of the difficult things to explain for yourself.