𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟓

⸺𝙉𝙪𝙢𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙞𝙩.❞

A/N: I EDITED THIS WHOLE CHAPTER

24.01.2024

Curiosity sparked in you as you get up from the seat and walked towards him

Curiosity sparked in you as you get up from the seat and walked towards him. Leaning on his supercomputer to get a better view.

"Is this... binary code?" you inquired, your eyes fixated on the screen. "Wait... They reproduce spontaneously! Like... blood cells?"

"Yeah," Tails nodded, a smile spreading across his face. "What you're looking at is something remarkable. This, my dear, is the brain." he smugly leaned on the table with a grin that he get it from Sonic.

Confusion painted on your face as you muttered, "What...?"

With evident excitement, Tails continued, "I am sure you will get it. I know it looks complicated but it's actually easy. For you and me at least, after you first get how it works..." He muttered the last part. He quickly continued, "I've discovered a way to replicate our brains. Not only that, but these replicated brains can develop and learn independently. It's like cloning ourselves, creating sentient beings with our memories, a bit similar to an artificial intelligence. And I can even design an exoskeleton that makes it feel so real, not even Eggman himself would suspect a thing. With this, we can live as long as we want. We could be storng. We might even match the power of chaos emeralds! We can win against Eggman once and for all. We bring peace upon the world. We could be together forever."

A warm smile played on Tails' lips as he added, "And so could our friends."

His words hung in the air, mingling with your thoughts. This astonishing revelation had dawned on Tails while they were working on Shard's new body, presenting endless possibilities and opportunities. It was an exhilarating proposition, changing their lives forever.

But you couldn't help but voice your reservations. "Well, from what I've heard from Shadow, immortality is no fun."

Your sigh lingered, and you looked earnestly at Tails. "We don't need any of that, Tails. What you've found is incredible, but what we have here is enough. We don't need anything else. Immortal or not, in the end, we'll defeat Eggman with all our friends and save the day. I agree with Amy to some degree about not to interfere with nature's affairs. And definetly not mix tech with living beings. That's kind of Eggman's thing." You hissed nervously.

A crestfallen expression crossed Tails' face as he muttered, "I.. I am not doing the same thing Eggman does! How long will this fight take between him and us then? It all just repeats itself over and over again."

"As long as it should take. I believe that everything happens for a reason." Moved by his uncertainty, you embraced him tightly, holding him close. "Please, Miles. Promise me that you'll no longer pursue this."

Tails returned the embrace, exhaling deeply. "Alright," he conceded, feeling a mix of disappointment and relief flooding over him.

After a long, tight hug, you parted from Tails with a deadpan look, your tone slightly teasing. "Now, take me back to the girls before they can tell everyone I'm dead." He chuckled lightly at that.