𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏𝟖

"𝐀 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧."

A/n:
Sorry. This part is a bit short Qwq
Did I ever post this here? Eh whatever

 This part is a bit short QwqDid I ever post this here? Eh whatever

In Ghost Hill, palm trees and bushes wave. Above the beach, the Council Mothership slowly flies. On the deck, Council crafts and Eggforcers stand ready. On one craft, Babble types. On another, Done It types too.

"Crush everything in your path until you find the Shards!" Mr. Doctor Eggman ordered.

The two crafts take off. Eggforcers jump down to the beach and march toward Ghost Temple Mountain. The crafts fly in the same direction. Sonic and Shadow watch.

"Don't you just hate this part?" Sonic sighed. "The buildups? Shadow and Sonic, versus unbeatable odds, with the fate of the world at stake. Like, let's just get on with it already!"

Sonic starts stretching while Shadow just deadpans at him.

"Hey, I'm not gonna be the one who pulls a hammy."

"What about him and..." he paused with a glare, "...Y/n?" Shadow asked, gesturing to the cave where you two are. "We can't just leave them alone with the Prism Shards."

Sonic states the obvious. "Uh, yes we can. Seeing as he's the only one who can put them back together, and y'know, fix reality? And since when did you stop trusting Y/n? You were on good terms until a few months ago."

"No." Shadow replied without hesitation.

"What no? Which one to no?"

Shadow shook his head, not seeing from the same point of view with him, "I don't trust any of them."

"Of course you don't. You don't trust anyone." Sonic said. "You wanna stay here and babysit? Fine. Knock yourself out. I'm gonna go buy us some time."

Sonic jumps off the mountain. Shadow scowls with his arms crossed. He then follows Sonic.

Meanwhile in the cave, you watch Nine work.

"How long do you think this would take?"

"For a little while. If I learn where all of them are thanks to this blueprint, our work will be easier later." Nine stands in front of the prism. With two of his tails, he holds the blue shard in the air. He carefully moves it to the outline of the Paradox Prism. The blue shard then sits in place, much to your discomfort.