𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟖

⸺𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝.❞

You sighed for the millionth time, pressing your lips into a thin line, you slowly opened your eyes, glancing at the chameleon sitting next to you

You open your mouth to say something, you quickly shake your head dismissing it.

You close your eyes again, you shift a little in your crossed legs position.

You glance at him opening your mouth but shut yourself with a puff of air once again.

You close your eyes, trying to relax in your position.

"Hey, Es, I can't seem to do this 'meditation' thing you said, let's do something else." And there it goes slipping from your mouth, you eagerly look at him, tired of sitting and doing nothing.

He exhales deeply, his soft voice mentioned towards you, he still keeps his position still, "Of course you can't do it. Your mind is always working, never ever stopping to even let you do something proper. Like a flowing river, it always goes never stop. I wonder if you get this from spending too much time with Tails..." He mutters out, not asking, he already knows the answer.

You frowned.

He opens his honey-colored eyes, looking at you, "Your mind is like this water my friend, when it is agitated it becomes difficult to see, but if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear." He throws a pebble at the still lake, creating waves, "If you want to do something, you need to stop, clear your mind and only focus on the silent."

"Yeahhh and why are you talking like a fortune cookie?" You muttered leaning on your palm.

He stares at you unamused. "Y/n, you are not listening."

"No, I am. You are reminding me of cookies we should get some back in the way--"

He grunts, "That's not what I'm- Look. Hearing me won't gonna do anything for you. It goes in one ear and out the other. You need to listen." He pokes your nose, smiling.

You two stare into each other's eyes. He smiles warmly at you.

You perked up, smirking, "Is it true that a chameleon's tongue is really long-" He pushed your face.