6. Happy Berthday Ellie?

Charlie's POV

After helping Ella set everything up for tonight's party, she told me to go upstairs and change into my costume before the guests started to arrive.

I looked at myself in her bathroom mirror and faked a smile before putting on my chosen costume. Harry Potter.

The costume came with a Gryffindor Hogwarts robe, a wand and circular glasses. All I needed to do was draw his lightning bolt scar.

"Expelliarmus!" Ella gasped when i returned downstairs.

I chuckled slightly. "Is Clayton here yet?"

"Not yet, he's probably lip-locked with Olivia in some parking lot." She said as she rifled through her make-up bag.

She held up a pencil and walked towards me. "What's that?" I asked.

"It's a red lip liner, so I can draw the scar on your forehead."

"Oh."

She tucked my hair out of the way and began drawing the scar on my forehead. "Don't get mad,"

I mentally sigh as I rolled my eyes.

"What did you do?"

"I kind of invited this guy I think you would totally be cute with."

Leave it to Ella Jonson to organise a birthday party and a blind date all at once.

"You said that about the last guy."

"His name is Stanley, he's our age, he just recently moved here from London. I think he goes to St Griffiths? Im not entirely sure. But he is so nice, I met him at the mall when I was looking for my Harley Quinn costume. Oh, and he's gay!" She said rapidly, putting the red lip-liner back into her bag.

"He could be an axe murderer."

"Or, he could be your very first boyfriend." Ella squealed excitedly.

"Knock knock!" The front door opened, revealing Tom dressed up as The Joker, and Ryan dressed as a vampire.

"You look so sexy!" Ella greeted her boyfriend.

"Where's your costume?" He wondered.

"I'll go put it on right now." Ella rushed upstairs.

"You're a wizard, Harry." Ryan did his best Hagrid impression and it was spot on.

"And you are Dracula?"

"Cliché, right?"

"So is Harry Potter, so."

An hour later, the house was congested with people in all sorts of costumes when Ella got everyone's attention by cutting the music.

"The cake is here!" She beamed.

She rushed towards the dining table where Clayton and Olivia placed a cake box on top. They went all the way to a nearby town just to get it, since the local bakery downtown wrote down her order for next month.

Ella hastily opened the box. When her face fell, I wondered what was wrong so I looked over her shoulder to see for myself.

Happy Berthday Ellie? Was written on the cake in bright pink icing.

I couldn't help but laugh, causing Ella to give me a look of annoyance.

"What the fuck is this?" Ella snapped, glaring at Clayton and Olivia.

They were speechless. Olivia's eyes widened at Ella's outburst, whilst Clayton was trying not to laugh.

"It's fine babe, probably just a birthday prank." Tom suggested.