49. Disappointed

Ace's POV

"My parents are away tonight, you should come over." Tia spoke suggestively when our lips parted.

Tia was one of Della's annoying friends. She's always had a thing for me, and I barely ever noticed her, until she stopped wearing grandma clothes and started to wear clothes that showed a little skin.

"Here I was thinking you were a good girl." I smirked.

She let out a slight chuckle. "That's just a cover." Her lips crashed into mine once again, smoothly and slowly.

"Acey!" My little brother Adam interrupted us.

I pulled away from Tia. "Can you buy me some cotton candy!" Adam begged, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Adam? Where's Della? She was supposed to watch you." I kneeled down to his height level.

"She was talking to her dumb friend and I wanted cotton candy." Adam groaned.

"You can't just walk off on your own." I warned him. "You could get lost."

"I'm sowwy." He frowned, looking down at the ground.

I stood back up and turned to Tia. "I'd better take him back to Della."

She smiled, hugging her stuffed Teddy bear tightly. "Of course, I better get going anyways. I'll text you my address, if you want to take me up on my offer."

A smooth smile appeared on my face.

"Bye Adam!" She waved at my little brother, who waved right back.

"Is that your girlfwend?" Adam wondered.

I scoffed. "I don't date."

"Can we get cotton candy now?" He looked up at me again with those puppy dog eyes.

"Sure, kiddo." I ruffled his hair as we started walking towards the Cotton Candy stand.

"Yay!" He started skipping.

This place was like a bloody maze. People were scattered everywhere.

When we made it to the cotton candy stand, I ordered two buckets. Blue raspberry for me, pink vanilla for Adam.

"That will be, twenty dollars." The guy said.

I pulled out my wallet and handed him a twenty dollar note before taking our buckets and walking towards the nearest bench.

We sat down on the bench, opened our buckets and began to eat.

"Hmmm, yummy!" Adam said, satisfied.

"You're welcome." I nudged his shoulder.

I pulled out my phone and texted Della.

Why the fuck weren't you watching Adam?

I shoved another fluff of cotton candy into my mouth before Della responded.

Oh god, is he okay? I was looking everywhere for him.

I angrily typed back.

He's fine! You never should have taken your eyes off him! Ffs!

I clicked my phone off and slid it into my pocket. "Sisters are annoying." I stated.

"Yeah, Delly is a meanie." Adam said with his mouth full of cotton candy.

"So I'm your favourite sibling?" I asked him.