22. Project Paris: A Presentation by Ella Jonson

Charlie's POV

"Welcome to, Project Paris: A Presentation by yours truly, Ella Jonson."

After school, Ella had called a meeting in my living room to tell my parents why it would be a good idea for me to go to Paris. I sat on the three seater couch with Clayton and Nora, whilst my parents were each seated on their favourite recliners.

Did she for real create an entire presentation?

"Please refrain from talking until the end of the slide."

She connected the presentation to the tv and the title slide was currently on the screen. It was vividly done, truly. When the hell did she have time to do this?

Below the title was a subtitle that read Five Reasons why Charlie should come to Paris!

She swiped onto the next slide.

Reason 1.

"The first reason: It's Paris! Home of the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, oh and of course, they have amazing Fashion!" Ella squealed before composing herself and clicking onto the next slide.

"Reason number two: It will make for an amazing learning opportunity. Did you know that majority of the world's successful people went to Paris pre-success?"

There was no way that was accurate, but kudos for making it believable!

"Reason number three!" Ella pointed to the screen, which showed a bunch of fancy buildings. "Paris has great colleges, particularly for Art, which Charlie is amazing at. Miss Saunders said we'd be looking at a few of them." Ella leaned closer to my parents. "Don't you want the best for your child?"

"This is amazing!" Nora laughed.

"Reason number four: Charlie is great at French!"

Huh? No I wasn't! I barely even learned anything.

"What if Clayton and I get lost because we don't know any French? Without Charlie, we might end up in a French ditch."

I shall never underestimate Ella again.

"And reason number five." She paused dramatically before clicking on the next slide.

"It works towards extra credit." She mimicked a mic drop and turned the presentation slide off.

My dad, Nora and Clayton each applauded Ella's presentation whilst my mother just glared, clearly plotting to murder one of my best friends.

"Paris is a great idea." My mother beamed.

"Huh?" Everyone said.

"But Charlie has a broken leg and he can't go." My mom explained.

"Paris sounds like a good idea, Harp. People can still go on a trip with a broken leg." Dad takes a sip of his cola.

"But what if the group leaves him behind because he's walking on crutches?"

"Uh, hello." Ella waved. "Mrs Harrington, you've known me for years. Do you really think I'd leave Charlie behind?"

"And what if he gets hurt again?"

"Mom! You need to stop being so overprotective. Remember when I had that awful cold and you still made me go to Alaska for the senior excursion." Nora spoke.

"I did no such thing!"

"Yes you did, you made me go because you got angry after I put a pink shirt in the wash with the whites. You knew I was sick. I ended up getting the entire class sick also."

My mother angrily tapped her nails against her recliner. "You shouldn't have ruined my favourite white shirt."

"I wish my family was like this, my parents are so boring." Ella announced.

"Fine, Charlie can go to Paris, I'll go and call Miss Saunders now."

Ella began dancing. "We're going to Paris!" She screeched.

Clayton joined her and they both began chanting. "Paris! Paris! Paris!"

~

"Did you pack some sweaters? It could be cold in Paris." My mom hovered.

"Yes, mom." I rolled my eyes.

"What about Toiletries? Socks?"

"Yes mom." I basically sounded like a robot at this point.

"What about a scarf? I hear they're very common in France."

"I don't own a scarf." I responded.

"Oh!" Her eyes lit up. "Maybe we should go and buy one real quick."

"Mom! It's almost time to go." I complained.

She sighed. "I'm sorry." She ruffled my hair. "You're growing up way too fast." She pinched my cheek.

"Mom, why are you being so weird."

"Promise me you will be careful."

"Yes. I will."

She pulled me into a hug.

"The Jonsons are here!" Nora called from downstairs, causing my mom to break away from the hug and compose herself.

I crutched my way downstairs whilst my mom carried my suitcase behind me.

"Have fun in Paris little bro." Nora hugged me when I reached the bottom of the staircase.

"Yewww I can't wait!" Ella squealed.

"Nice to see you, Harper." Mrs Jonson gave my mom a hug.

"You too, love the hair."

Dad gave me a half hug and encouraged me to have fun but warned me not to get in trouble.

"Nora, carry your brother's suitcase for him." Mom ordered, handing Nora the suitcase.

"We have to be at the school soon, we better get going." Mrs Jonson stated.

"Bye, love you all." I said my goodbyes to my family.

"See ya!" Nora waved.

"Call me every day!" Mom called as I crutched towards the door.

"Send us pictures!" Dad said.

"Okay, okay. Bye!"

Paris, here I come.