37. Did you just have a Mochagasm?

Charlie's POV

There was a knock on my bedroom window.

I cautiously walked towards it. It was late and also raining outside, who could it be?

A familiar face came into view, and I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

Ace was perched on the roof, his hair dripping down his face.

What the hell is he doing here? I wondered.

I hastily opened the door. "Ace? What are you doing here?"

He helped himself through the window, standing before me, drenched in rainwater. He ran a hand through his dark and wet hair, letting an audible shiver escape his mouth.

"You're gonna get sick!"

"I don't care." He said, leaning forward to kiss me.

His hands held the back of my neck, and I swear I felt a surge of electricity coursing through my veins. I kissed him back, fiercely.

Hmmmm

His hands trailed down my back, and the electric feeling turned into a thunderstorm: violent, raging and short-lived.

I wake up with a gasp.

Oh, It was only just a dream.

Just a dream.

My heart was beating like it was about to hop out of my chest, and my breath was shaking. It felt so real.

Is it bad that I wanted it to be real? That it was the best dream I've ever had?

I shake my head, hoping the thought of Ace would shake with it.

Of course it's bad!

I'm dating Ryan! And Ace is straight....

Right?

God, why am I doing this to myself.

During the months we hadn't seen each other, I'd only thought of him twice.

Okay, that's a lie.

It was more than twice, but it was no more than ten times. And just when I finally thought I'd saw the last of Ace bloody Caldwell, he shows up in my life again.

Part of me wanted to fall back asleep and try to dream the same dream, but the other part decided that I didn't want to be late for school.

~

I arrived at The Coffee House just as Ella and Tom held a tray of freshly made mugs of coffee.

"Did you guys already order?" I wondered.

"Yeah, don't worry, we already got yours." Ella assured me.

Thank god for caffeine.

I followed them to the corner booth where Clayton and Ryan were both laughing at something.

"What are you guys laughing at now?" Tom wondered, placing the tray of coffees down on the table.

"Clayton was just showing me this hilarious tiktok of a little kid running in a mirror maze." Ryan laughed.

"That's a bit mean." I stated, taking a seat next to Ryan whilst Ella and Tom slid in beside Clayton on the opposite side.

"No it's not, it's hilarious!" Ryan said.

"Charlie's just upset because he once lost a tooth from running in a mirror maze." Ella recalled one of my least favourite memories.

Everyone at the table laughed.

"You're all mean." I pouted.

"Come on! You know you want to laugh!" Clayton shoved his phone in my face.

I watched the video of a two or three year old running through a mirror maze and slamming into a mirror.

I laughed.

"See, it is funny!"

"What's funny?" Ace asked, sliding in beside me. My heart skipped a beat at the sound of his voice, and the hairs on my arm stood when his left leg grazed against my right one.

"This video of a kid running through a mirror maze." Ryan explained.

"Are you ready for football today?" Tom asked Ace.

I turned to face Ace, my eyebrows rising with confusion.

"You joined the football team?" I asked him.

"It was either football, wrestling or golf. I don't like playing golf. And I definitely do not want to wear a unitard and grope other guys. So football was the obvious choice."

I huffed before reaching towards my mug of warm mocha. I took a soothingly slow sip from it as Ace raised his eyebrows at me.

"What?" His green eyes stared into mine.

"Nothing." I responded.

"Charlie doesn't like football." Ella stated.

"What?" Tom and Ryan both gasped.

"I don't hate it, I just don't like it. It's boring." I explained.

"It's not that bad." Ace said, reaching for my mocha mug.

"Hey!"

He took a sip from it before moaning softly.

My mind drifted back to last night's dream. His cold hands sending chills down my spine, and his wet lips crashing passionately against mine.

"Holy shit! That's amazing!" Ace stated the obvious.

"Did you just have a mochagasm?" Ella wondered, causing a chuckle to pass around the table.

"A whatta what?" Ace sat forward, returning my mocha to it's rightful owner.

"A mochagasm. It's what we call it when someone tastes a mocha for the first time. Trust me, everyone has the exact same reaction. Hence: mochagasm." Ella took a loud slurp from her mug.

Ace's leg slightly grazed my knee again, causing my heart to palpitate and my nerves to quiver. Goosebumps appeared up both my arms as I let out an inaudible trembling breath. My mind conjured an image of his shirtless body. His toned abs, scattered tattoos, his v-line.

"Fuck!" I shouted.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me, widening at my outburst.

"Charlie!?" Ella gasped, shocked at my use of language.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asked me from beside me.

I felt weird and completely unsettled.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Coffee was just hot." I lied.

Everyone else seemed to believe me, except for Ace, who smirked at me.

"What?" I quietly snapped at him.

"I had a sip of your mocha, it wasn't that hot." He whispered in my ear, sending a charge of electricity through my body.

Far out, that bloody smile of his.

And those eyes. Those damn green eyes.

He chuckled.

"What?" I punched his leg.

"I've seen that look before. The look you had on your face before you swore." He whispered quietly enough so nobody else could hear.

"You were thinking of something dirty, wasn't you?"

"NO!"

Great, two outbursts in the span of like five minutes.

People must think I'm fresh out of a loony-bin.

"I'll see you guys at school." I said, squeezing myself past Ace and towards the exit.