The Voyage Begins

Sorry. I've been meaning to post this on Saturday, but I had to run some errands on Saturday morning, so I'm posting this a little ahead of schedule.

This time, I'm mostly introducing the characters. Also, the voices of the characters are what I imagined on my own.

I'm sorry if you think they don't 'fit.'

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Asahi opened his eyes, he saw water spread out before him. Without a doubt, he was on the sea. Looking back, Asahi was impressed upon seeing a huge structure that looked like a castle.

No, of course it was huge, but it was unbalanced in appearance. The structure looked as if it had been made by piling up blocks of wood in a haphazard fashion. Asahi, looking at that 'thing,' blurted out.

"Woah... up close, it looks like a keep that has been botched by some kind of mistake."

"Yes. I think so too."

A voice came out of nowhere. He had the odd thought that it sounded like the voice of a hound sister who fights with an MG 422 gun. Asahi suddenly looked to the side and saw a tall, dignified-looking beauty with a glossy black ponytail standing there. At her waist were a navy-style military saber and a gun that looked like a Hamada automatic pistol.

"Are you... by any chance, Fusou?"

"Yes. I am the incarnation of the first Fusō-class battleship, Fusou."

Upon closer look, she is wearing the old Imperial Navy uniform, so her chest, which pushed the uniform so hard it's close to bursting, is very noticeable. Asahi almost looked away for a moment, but he thought it would be rude to do so, so he properly looked into Fusou's eyes. Then Fusou, perhaps reading Asahi's mind, smiled.

"Hehe. I've heard that the Commander is a reserved and modest man, it seems to be true."

"M-my bad... I'm not used to women... also, there's one more thing. Sorry for implying that your bridge is ugly."

As Asahi bowed, he heard Fusou's voice calmly urging him to raise his head. Fearfully, he raised his head, and there was Fusou with a gentle smile on her face. Apparently, she is not really angry.

"My bridge is indeed so unbalanced that it has been called 'an illegal building,' but this cannot be helped. As it was being renovated, they needed more and more things, but they did what they could with what resources and time they had."

"I-is that how it is?"

"Yes. The lessons learned from me were used as a guide in the construction of subsequent generations and in the successful refit of my seniors, the Kongōs, so I think that's fine with me."

Asahi sighed in admiration. Apparently, this Fusou is a very open-minded older sister, being the first of domestic super-dreadnought battleships.

"You seem fitting for a yamato nadeshiko."

"You must be joking. I am only a novice."

Fusou's humble attitude seemed to speak from the heart. Without realizing it, Asahi was admiring her dignity and beauty, but since she was standing in front of him, he couldn't just stand there.

"T-then... what kind of condition are you in now?"

"Yes. When you wake up, you will receive a message from the Sun Goddess about the 'Last Guideline.'"

"Last Guideline?"

In other words, from there, he can live as he wishes and do as he pleases.

"The Sun Goddess says to go to the northwest where you will meet the one who will give you a place to return to."