Japanese Empire

This is this month's post.

It's time to finally land in another world's Japan.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two days later, after lunch, after everyone had finished eating curry. What was Asahi doing? The fleet commander didn't have to do that... everyone said, but he wanted to do it because he was free most of the time until the fleet arrives at the destination. As he was working, a voice came from the voice tube in Katori's galley.

"Commander! We spotted a huge land ahead!!"

Asahi left the cleanup to those in the galley and headed for Katori's bridge. On the bridge, Katori was gathering information.

"Katori, who's reporting?"

"Sir. The report just now is from Yahagi-san in the front."

"That girl... maybe she's in a hurry, but she should at least say her own name... whatever. Yahagi, can you see the details of the land?"

"I'm not sure yet, sir... huh?"

"What is it?"

If something unusual happened, they must immediately assess the situation and do their best to resolve it. Therefore, it is necessary to report the situation as quickly as possible, and at the very least, accurately enough to understand the situation. However, for those who were confused on the field, it might be said that "If we could do that, we wouldn't have any trouble at all."

"A ship almost the same size as the iron-plated ship we are towing is approaching!! It has a rising sun flag on its bow!!"

"If so, it is probably a Japanese Empire warship. Please be polite to them."

"Understood!!"

The rest was left to Yahagi who was leading the formation, but the thought that he and Elina would eventually be the ones to respond made Asahi nervous. Then Katori poked at him.

"Commander, relax. If you're so tense, wouldn't it make you look suspicious?"

"Uh, yeah. Sorry, Katori..."

Embarrassed, Asahi scratched his cheek at Katori's sly grin as he tried to calm himself.

"Commander, are you returning to Fusou-san's place?"

"No, it would be better not to go back now. If we make contact with them while we are back there, it will definitely be troublesome. And Elly is here in Katori."

"I understand. Well, then, let's make it so."

"Also, please call Elly in the engine room for a pick-up."

"Yes, sir."

Elina was interested in the steam turbine engine: Kampon Ro Type boiler and Kampon turbines that Japan had used, and she went out of her way to listen to the engineer even though the place was blisteringly hot. She seemed to be a very curious princess, and she was able to keep up with the mechanical talk to some extent, so they sensed that she might have some underlying knowledge.

Ten minutes later, Elina came running in. The Katori's interior is reasonably spacious, so it is easy to move around in a kimono (although it was originally intended to be worn inside a ship, so hers is not thick like a jūnihitoe, but something that is easy to move around in).

"I am here, Asahi-sama."

"Sorry, Elly. Your military ship is about to come in contact with our light cruiser. If something happens, I would like you to take care of things."