Strategy Meeting from Bath Time

Yeah. This is this month's post.

It's a bit of a sudden, but this is a sexy scene. Finally, next time, we will have the 'fighting' part.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asahi returned to the port city of Kii that day and immediately began to organize the fleet.

"Well... considering that the opponent will be pirates mainly using wooden sailing ships... I'd like to take either the Fusō or Yamashiro to fly instructions as the flagship... but I'm a bit leery about the fuel consumption... but I'm thinking about the crew safety."

Mumbling, Asahi was thinking about the formation in an inn near the port which was kindly prepared by Akeno Osamenokimi. Fusou and Yamashiro were sitting beside him, listening to Asahi's predicament.

"The two battleships are too much for wooden ships... but are we going to sortie too?"

"Fusou, Yamashiro, I'd like to hear your opinions. First of all, do you want to sortie and join the battle in the first place?"

Yamashiro then slapped her thigh on which she was sitting and yelled, "Of course, it's obvious!! Battleships are only as good as the cannons they fire! A battleship that doesn't fire cannons is like a pig that can't fly!!"

In short, she wanted to say that they were just free wooden puppets.

"That's from a postwar anime. Oh, of course you know. It's an Italian story..."

"Don't sweat the small stuff!!"

Joking aside, she didn't want to miss the chance to fire a cannon as a battleship.

"Well, I guess that's true... Fusou, sorry, but can I ask you to stay and watch over things?"

"You mean my sister will get a chance for action in my place?"

"Basically, that's what it means..."

Fusou seemed to ponder about it for a bit, but when she straightened her posture and said "I understand." As an older sister, it seemed that she prioritized giving way to her younger sister's wishes.

"Then, let's start with Yamashiro. As for the rest... I think it would be better to have a cruiser, but even if we take one of the four Aganos, it might be overkill..."

"I mean, in the case of our fleet, even the I-400 submarines specializing in torpedoes are equipped with a 14-centimeter single gun. I don't feel like we would lose to wooden sailing ships that may not even be carrying cannons."

Fusou's words, delivered with a calm expression, were certainly true. Even the training cruisers like Katori, or heavy torpedo cruisers like Kitakami and Ōi, whose artillery power should have been downgraded, and even first-class transport ships had more than enough firepower to deal with non-armored wooden ships.

"...Honestly, it looks like it's going to be little more than an exercise no matter which one we take."

"Yes. Even the AA guns on our aircraft carriers, except for the possibility of cannot depress low enough... can be used to effectively take down targets if we keep our distance."

On the other hand, it could be seen as a good exercise to improve their skills.

"Alright, let's have the three Katori-class ships join in. They are training cruisers and can explain things clearly to officers. The 127-millimeter guns may not have enough power for naval gunnery... but we'll manage somehow. As for the rest..."