Ryusei's Assault, the Giant Cannon's Roar

This will be this month's post.

I personally thought the depiction this time was fine in various aspects, but upon closer look, I realized there were quite a few provocative ones as well. Nevertheless, I will go ahead and post this.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dragon, which had been hit directly by multiple 800 kg bombs from a steep dive bombing, writhed in pain. Lieutenant Shokichi Kosakura, a pilot of a Ryusei, was overjoyed by the direct hit of the heavyweight bombs.

"Alright! That's a great achievement!!"

"I couldn't do anything like this with this aircraft before I was reincarnated."

The Ryusei was originally designed as a high-speed and highly offensive dive bomber and torpedo bomber, or rather an attack aircraft. However, by the time it was completed, there were no operational aircraft carriers available, so its performance was limited. Similarly, the Reppu, a fighter aircraft, missed the end of the war, but no one would have expected it to see the light of day for the first time in another world.

"So, how's the lizard doing?"

"Uhh... crap!"

"W-what's wrong?"

Due to the unexpected reaction, Kosakura couldn't help but ask again.

"I-its scales are a bit shattered, and I can see blood, but it's not a fatal wound at all!! It's still kicking!!"

"What!?"

"You've got to be kidding..."

Astonished voices came from the other pilots as well. Kosakura was also taken aback by the creature's extraordinary defensive power.

An 800 kg bomb has the destructive power equivalent to a small battleship's main gun. Although it doesn't reach the destructive power of a 1-ton 40-centimeter or larger shell, it can severely damage or even sink a cruiser if it hits a vital area such as the main engine or the ammunition magazine. To think that a creature smaller than a destroyer, let alone a transport ship or a torpedo boat, could withstand multiple heavyweight explosions was astonishing and worthy of admiration from the pilots.

"So this is... another world!!"

"It's truly amazing."

Of course, Asahi had already assumed the possibility that the dragon's giant scales were reinforced and couldn't be pierced unless it was a battleship-class shell on a super-dreadnought battleship due to the influence of the anime and manga he had read in his previous world. He had intentionally used heavy bombs. He had understood in advance that the dragon's scales were magically reinforced and had a reptilian-like structure, and that the back was the strongest part even within the body.

"I thought it was just a lizard, but it's something else... Are there any reinforcements coming?"

"They are preparing for takeoff, but the commander said, 'We'll blast it with Yamashiro's main guns.'"

"45 caliber 41-centimeter main guns... Indeed, only the Nagato or the Yamato-class battleships would be able to withstand that. No matter how sturdy the monster is, we might be able to handle it somehow..."

Then, a voice came through the radio. It was Asahi's.

"Attention all personnel. We will soon finish aligning the sights. Until then, please do your best to distract the enemy. However, I heard that one of the Reppu was shot down earlier. Therefore, I must insist. Do not do anything reckless. That's all."