Dialogue

This will be this month's post.

You may be thinking, 'There's no way there's going to be an interstate meeting like this,' but... it's just one word from a contemptible opponent.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three individuals, Asahi, Fusou, and Taihou, who entered the Koulupe Castle, were guided by the servants as they sneakily peeked at the state of the castle.

'They use abundant gold, silver, and precious gems, and everything is polished to perfection without a single cloudiness... The pride of this country is evident in every detail.'

Upon closer inspection, even the floor was polished like a mirror, exuding great beauty. However, Asahi noticed that the tile material used here seemed different from what existed on Earth.

"Perhaps they use magical materials for the floor," Fusou whispered secretly. It seemed she, like Asahi, was observing their surroundings closely.

"Yes, that might be the case. Now, let's see what happens next."

As they proceeded further, they arrived at a hall-like area where they could see a magnificent throne that looked like it belonged to Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China. While it seemed completely out of place from Asahi's perspective, apparently, this was the audience room.

"His Majesty will arrive shortly. Everyone, please kneel and wait."

"What... To make us, envoys of a nation, kneel down so suddenly..."

"Now, now, Fusou. Our host is the leading protectorate of the mighty Vermont Empire. Our country doesn't belong to the continental nations. We should understand the difference."

Asahi conveyed through eye contact, persuading Fusou.

In essence, he was saying, "It's better not to cause any trouble here." Even if they were to create a problem, it would be wiser to confirm that the other party was at fault first. Fusou seemed to understand Asahi's intentions and withdrew with a gesture of "...I apologize."

The three of them assumed a posture they had seen in "Romance of the Three Kingdoms," where they folded their hands in front and bent one knee. They continued waiting for several minutes, but their knees, in particular, started to ache painfully.

'It's true that we rushed here without an appointment, but even so, making envoys of a nation wait for such a long time!'

Though they didn't voice their thoughts, both Fusou and Taihou were boiling with frustration internally. Especially Asahi possesses abilities similar to an ordinary person, or slightly stronger (being reincarnated has improved his physical abilities to some extent, but not to the level of typical cheat abilities). However, this posture was quite challenging for him.

'Commander... I can't quite figure out what you're thinking when you don't let even a hint of dissatisfaction show... You are a frightening person.'

Then, just as about ten minutes were passing, the three of them sensed the presence of someone approaching.

"Presenting His Majesty, King Thorenbo!"

In response to those words, Asahi and the others straightened themselves even more.

"So, you guys are the envoys from Japan... Raise your faces, will you?"

Asahi and the others lifted their heads and were taken aback. Seated on the throne in front of them was a giant from the Orc race. However, even though he was described as a giant, he wasn't impressively muscular. He was more like a "middle-aged man from the upper class who had put on weight" – quite plump. To be frank, Asahi and his companions' first impression was, "An Orc King without any presence or firmness," which was rather blunt.